Fawley st & rawson st

Hi again, I do remember some of them now. Peter, Phyllis and Alan. I seem to remember my mother telling a story about fetching the midwife when one of them was about to be born! I lived at number 54, it was round the corner at the top of the street and up the steps. Mrs Jennings used to get annoyed at us bouncing the ball on her wall ( do you remember it had a letter V painted on it, for Victory ).

Yeah, I remember the V sign. Was it white and big?. I'm sure Alan had a friend who lived up the steps. Seem to remember going to someone's house up there.

Hello again, I think Alan may have been a friend of Bobby Mason, or possibly my brother, Ernest Pass.

On 14/10/2011 at 17:34, shazanne said:

my grandmothers family the laceys lived in fawley road and my dads family the shaws lived in rawson street

I realise this post is over 8 years old but I think we may be related.  My wife's grandfather was Harry Lacey and he lived at 13 Fawley Road.  I would like to compare notes on our overlapping families.

Edited by TWhits

My Dad George Vine and his family  lived at 12 Rawson Street.  His Mum was Rose and his Dad was John.  The family lived there until they were rehoused to clear the area for redevelopment.  He and his siblings attended Burton Street school.

On 04/03/2020 at 11:23, TWhits said:

I realise this post is over 8 years old but I think we may be related.  My wife's grandfather was Harry Lacey and he lived at 13 Fawley Road.  I would like to compare notes on our overlapping families.

There was also the Weldon family who lived on that road - and Florence Weldon married Harry Lacey from just along the road!