In praise of Kieron Westwood

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/keiren-westwood-snubs-liverpool-transfer-4909877

Very good news ?Owl.

---------- Post added 03-01-2015 at 10:10 ----------

A very good goalkeeper, another one to join the long list of keepers we have had, lets hope we can hang on to him. If we are going to challenge for a play-off place he,s the type of player we need around.

?Nothing to worry about now ALAN and Tim and my fellow Owls ,this is tremendous news.

What a New Years gift for all Wednesday fans, I'm chuffed .What was that about play-offs????Owl.

Lets be honest if a good offer comes he may be forced out.lee grant didnt want to leave.

It really is a difficult one this I am sure that if Liverpool guarantee him 1st team football he will go if they pay enough money and given that we do have a perfectly good 2nd string goalie it would make good sense to cash in and use the funds to strengthen the squad.

We have proved already the we are not a selling club when we turned down £2m for Big Dave from Derby (which now looks to be not a good decision) and there is the smallest of chances that Keiron could be playing in the Premiership next year with The Massive. So it is a hard one to call

There are too many players easily good enough for the Championships that are sat on their butts receiving money the Championship clubs can't hope to match.

This lad want's to play first team football instead of doing that and all credit to him, it will also keep him in full view of any prospective buyers so it's the best situation for everyone all round.

I don't know if any actual offer has been made but if it had and McCabe was in charge he would have had him in the car and driven him to Anfield personally before now.:hihi::hihi:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/keiren-westwood-snubs-liverpool-transfer-4909877

Very good news ?Owl.

?Nothing to worry about now ALAN and Tim and my fellow Owls ,this is tremendous news.

What a New Years gift for all Wednesday fans, I'm chuffed .What was that about play-offs????Owl.

Don't get carried away mate. That story is typical tabloid spin. Saying he's happy where he is isn't the same as saying he's staying.

Don't get carried away mate. That story is typical tabloid spin. Saying he's happy where he is isn't the same as saying he's staying.

It would seem that the boot is on the other foot for once, parts of this seem to be lifted from the Star article.

That has to be a first.:)

Corking find Mel :) Cheers pal - love that man :love:

heres another "new" video of Westy and Kirkland training

Westwood deffo in my top 3 of owls best Gks , Hodge, Pressman being others

Probably one of either sheffield clubs best goalkeepers & becoming The Owls best :thumbsup:

even Kirky said in that video, Westy pushed him out and by the 3rd game he could see why LOL