House Alarm recommendations/questions - no quotes/advertising

What alarm is it ? Make and model ? Battery will cost £7 -£15 depending on panel

What alarm is it ? Make and model ? Battery will cost £7 -£15 depending on panel

I'm not sure what the model is, it just says Wickes on the alarm and on the manual. But handwritten on the manual it says "Rascal".

Edit: here's a couple of pics https://imgur.com/a/WAn8J

Edited by Footbacon
Pic added

It's probably a racal rascal plus have you tried 1234 as the code ?

Yep, tried that. The manual says to reset enter the pin followed by * and 91. But entering 1234 as the PIN doesn't work.

It will need defaulting , on this model it defaults all the programming ( not just the user code) pm me for further details

I'm needing an alarm, I have two young kids and zero spare time so I'm after a wireless system. I've found the Texecom Ricochet Premier Elite 48-W With Sounder Kit 2 (KIT-0002)

which seems good and I'd get two magnetic door sensors too all for £295.

Can anyone in the know offer any assistance?

Thanks

If your installing it yourself you will struggle with that panel , it's a bit above normal diy , the Pyronix enforcer would be a better choice for a first time install,look at pstn kit 1 or 3 , you will need a backplate and bell cover aswell on both kits .

Hi,

Having a few issues with my alarm today. Any help would be appreciated.

On entering the house (hallway) the alarm warning chime which normally goes off when you enter as you hit the sensor failed to go off. I went into the kitchen and the main alarm went off (im guessing as I hit the sensor in there).

Current warning messages.....Bell Box Tamper, Fuse / Battery Fault and Zex 8 Tamper. I'm not able to set the alarm.

Its a part wired / part wireless system. The wireless sensors and working fine but the wired sensors are not (no red light as you go in front of the sensor). I'm not able to set the alarm.

Any ideas? Could it simply be a fuse? Its a Eurosec alarm.

Fuse blown / faulty battery in control panel or damaged cable .... mice ?

Hi Mark,

Ive replaced the fuse and battery in the box under the stairs just now - no change. Still showing the same messages as mentioned before (I'll just keep them as spares)

Could it be the battery on the box outside? Its a VARTA 8.4V / 280 7/CP300H.

Can't see it being mice.

Richard.

Hi

Assuming no real tampering by anyone, look at condensation issues, with sharp changes in temperatures at the moment. I had that trouble, where the temperature changed too quickly for the damp air inside the contact and keypad (at different times) to evaporate and condensation caused a temporary malfunction. Try blowing a WARM hairdryer gently NEAR to the inside to dry it out fully. (If you have access to insides) or on outer case if not, for a longer period, as warmth has to permeate inside and dry out the air in there. Only happens to me in spring and autumn, when temp changes can be fast.

Being situated where they are, contacts and keypads can get this problem, as with computers and TVs stored in cold bedrooms, then switched on. They warm up too fast and turn damp air inside into water.

After drying attempt, press reset button. Always works for me. Not same system as yours but same principle. DO NOT TOUCH INSIDE OF ANYTHING.

I've now got an annual maint contract with Sheffguard, they are very good.

Edited by Jeddo