Pilates/yoga/other jeep fit classes, S35 or S6 area

Can anyone recommend any decent keep fit classes North Sheffield area.? Not keen on leisure centre based classes, prefer community centres/church hall based sessions. Will consider most activities i.e. pilates, yoga, boxacise

Dance & Fitness Classes 2017

Full details: http://www.velvetburlesque.co.uk/id12.htm

Chapeltown (Burncross) Community Centre

Burncross Road

Chapeltown

Sheffield

S35 1SH

Below are details of all dance & fitness classes restarting as from Thursday 5th January, including the new "Power-Stretch" class, and a Men's Cabaret & Show Dance class which I am planning to start asap.

I am an established, qualified, and respected Dance & Fitness Teacher, Personal Trainer, Choreographer & Performer, with an excellent reputation in my field of business since 1991.

Regarding Fitness/Personal Training - I have many years of experience, study, and ongoing training & qualification with regards rehabilitation from sports injuries, day to day accidents, illness, etc., and often have (client) referrals sent by/from GP`s/Physiotherapists/Chiropractors, etc.

Fitness/rehab programs/classes are tailored to suit each individual, and always within the client's physical capabilities/limitations.

All classes are suitable for beginners (unless otherwise detailed).

I also have an extensive background in pre and post-natal health and fitness.

Please contact me if you wish to discuss starting an exercise plan, and are unsure due to your limitations.

Private tuition is also available upon request.

General/Regular classes:

Full details: http://www.velvetburlesque.co.uk/id12.htm

Monday: RESTART 9th JANUARY

* Yoga & Pilates based Workout - 6pm - 7pm - £5.00

* NEW "Power-Stretch" (Intermediate/Advanced level Yoga & Pilates-based Workout) - 7:15pm - 8:15pm - £5.00

"Power-Stretch" is my intermediate/advanced Yoga & Pilates-based session set to faster paced music than our other/regular Yoga & Pilates-based classes. Aimed to further improve strength, flexibility and stamina in a physically demanding yet fun class. If you can manage our regular class and want to push yourself a little further, then please feel free to try this out!

* Please note: This new class is not suitable for ladies who are pregnant, or for anyone with restrictive injuries or illness. Please contact Lara in advance if you are unsure about joining and wish to discuss suitability, or if you want to bring someone new to the class, and are unsure if they will be ok joining in.

Standard Yoga & Pilates-based class prices are still £5.00 each, however if you wish to join in with both of these classes on a Monday evening, then I can offer a combined price of £8.00.

(Please note: this offer price is only available for these two Monday evening sessions combined.)

All our Yoga & Pilates-based classes are open to Men & Women. (Mixed sessions)

Mats are provided, unless you wish to bring your own.

NEW! STARTING SOON!

Wednesday:

* Men's Show, Stage, Burlesque & Cabaret Dance - 8pm - 9:30pm - £10.00

Examples of planned content include stage/show dance, classical Burlesque, fan dance, Neo-Burlesque, lap/chair dance, Tap, Jazz, Contemporary, partner dance, & slapstick styles. Classy, yet sassy!

I will be calling this class/group "The Velvet Boylesque" which is based around my long-standing business plus my female show troupe, "The Velvet Burlesque". (Facebook: The Velvet Burlesque)

I will be teaching basic dance steps and combinations which will then lead into fully choreographed routines featuring Burlesque, Cabaret, Show & Stage style dance. Whilst you are more than welcome to come along just for fun and sport, I am also aiming to put together a male dance troupe in the future, so if performing is also something that interests you, then what better place to start!

(Please note that despite the word 'Burlesque', this style of performance does not always mean striptease!)

I have over 26 years of professional performance and teaching experience under my belt, and my female-based Burlesque & Cabaret dance troupe "The Velvet Burlesque" were recently awarded "Best British Burlesque Troupe 2016" by The Burlesque Awards. I was also voted into the Top 5 "British Burlesque Performers 2016" by The Burlesque Awards.

Beginners are the core of these classes - on a day-to-day basis, I teach non-dancers to become dancers, and for those of you who already dance, you can look to learn some incredible choreography by attending these classes, and maybe also look to join the show troupe. All classes are planned to accommodate those of you with two left feet alongside those of you who can click on an off-beat. I welcome all shapes and sizes (as proved on stage and in class by both my Velvet Burlesque troupe and my plus-size troupe; "The Yorkshire Puddings"), and as long as you or anyone else interested are older than 18 years of age, you are welcome to attend.

You don't have to be fit to start the class - joining the class will help you become fitter!

If you are interested in attending the Men's Dance Class, please contact Lara asap to register and receive further information as to a start date.

Thursday: RESTART 5th JANUARY

* Yoga & Pilates based Workout - 6:30pm - 7:30pm - £5.00

* Burlesque & Cabaret Dance - 8pm - 10pm (Women only) - £10.00

Class content includes stage/show dance, classical Burlesque, fan dance, Neo-Burlesque, lap/chair dance, Tap, Jazz, Contemporary, partner dance, & slapstick styles. You can see more of what we do via The Velvet Burlesque YouTube channel.

I teach fully choreographed routines featuring Burlesque, Cabaret, Show & Stage style dance. Whilst you are more than welcome to come along just for fun and sport, you can also have the opportunity to join our show dance troupes in the future, so if performing is also something that interests you, then what better place to start!

Beginners are welcome to this dance class.

As above, I have over 26 years of professional performance and teaching experience under my belt, and my female-based Burlesque & Cabaret dance troupe "The Velvet Burlesque" were recently awarded "Best British Burlesque Troupe 2016" by The Burlesque Awards. I was also voted into the Top 5 "British Burlesque Performers 2016" by The Burlesque Awards.

Friday: RESTART 6th JANUARY

* Burlesque & Cabaret Dance - 8pm - 10pm (Women only)

(This class is currently closed to newcomers due to troupe rehearsals for upcoming shows - new members at my discretion only.)

As always, full class times and all class updates/changes will also be shown via the main class page on The Velvet Burlesque Fitness & Dance Classes website page: http://www.velvetburlesque.co.uk/id12.htm

We are also beginning to list our shows and events for 2017 - please visit our Show & Event page for full details: http://www.velvetburlesque.co.uk/id5.htm

Lara

Telephone or Text: 07736 902030

email: VelvetBurlesque@aol.com

http://www.VelvetBurlesque.co.ukâ„¢

Hillsborough College, 5pm start to 6pm. yoga Pilates from a trained tutor