Sheffield Eagles Rugby League club to play at Wakefield

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-38328172

A Rugby league club said it has been forced to move almost 30 miles (48km) away from its home city.

Sheffield Eagles said it had failed to find a venue in the city for the 2017 season but had reached agreement to use Wakefield Trinity's Belle Vue Stadium.

Disgusting that the Eagles have to move out of Sheffield...

Sad that not a team/stadium could not accommodate the Eagles.

60 mile round trip for home matches? What a joke.

Such a great club being destroyed by the City it represents when all it's ever done is bring success to Sheffield, just like the Steelers.

The OLP looks terrible - can't even get that right. Will be like playing at Goals at All Saints School. Hardly the setting for Championship rugby league.

Market forces. If no one wants to watch it, that's the way it is. I've been a few times over the years including their first ever game v Rochdale at Owlerton.

What makes them think they'll be viable in Wakefield, there are loads of Rugby clubs in that area, including Batley and Dewsbury plus the three Wakefield area clubs

---------- Post added 22-12-2016 at 11:56

---------- Post added 22-12-2016 at 14:23 ----------

Market forces. If no one wants to watch it, that's the way it is. I've been a few times over the years including their first ever game v Rochdale at Owlerton.

What makes them think they'll be viable in Wakefield, there are loads of Rugby clubs in that area, including Batley and Dewsbury plus the three Wakefield area clubs[color="Silver

Edited by Ridgewalk
Cance

Sod them,if they still cannot find a home after all this time then they should not bother at all. Not exactly how to be a successful team,constantly playing (home) games everywhere. I wont miss them if they fold.

Sheffield is clearly not a Rugby area

---------- Post added 27-12-2016 at 12:03 ----------

and the almost complete lack of interest in this thread confirms it

It's a shame Wednesday pulled out of the chance of hosting four games, Luckily U.T.D are stepping in, I for one will be looking forward to going along to see those games.