Is this the end of Chesterfield FC

Dave Allen resigns as chairman and director of Chesterfield after putting millions into the club.

I hope not, but who's going to put money into the club now ?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/chesterfield-fc/breaking-dave-allen-resigns-as-chairman-and-director-of-chesterfield-after-putting-multi-millions-into-proact-club-1-8238222

Edit: Sorry admin. Only just seen the General Sport board:(

Edited by TaxiBaz

Not quite sure what all this means in the grand scheme of things, but they're in a poor position football wise, apparently their finances are shocking too.

I would be surprised to see Evans leave very soon if a bid of over £250k comes in,

Looking at the empty seats on Sunday tells us they have problems,if they can't sell out a 10,000 stadium against their neighbours shows the fans have lost interest.

Looking at the empty seats on Sunday tells us they have problems,if they can't sell out a 10,000 stadium against their neighbours shows the fans have lost interest.

Think there was a protest going on mate, possibly against Allen himself.

Think there was a protest going on mate, possibly against Allen himself.

Well it seemed to have worked then.

You couldn't buy tickets as away fans though.

id expect someone will come in and take them over to make a profit as always happens

Normally I'd be sad to see a local lower league club struggling but after Chesterfield signed that disgusting excuse for a human being Ched Evans, I'd be delighted if they went bust.