Serious legal action needed against car owners who park on pavements

I think it's about time that the authorities did something about people who own cars, the ones who think it is right to park on the pavement

You see cars with 2 wheels on the pavements and this can cause a serious hazard to pedestrians. A pedestrian could walk into a car and sustain a serious injury and cars on pavements can cause tripping hazards

I for one am sick to death of car owners who think it is there god given right to behave as they wish without considering people around them and the hazards that their actions cause others

Surely a £100 fine could be the thing to deter people from doing this?

I could make a start by issuing red cards and placing them on the windscreen of offending cars

Its not much but its at least a start

What do others think about offending cars and their selfish owners?

I think it's about time that the authorities did something about people who own cars, the ones who think it is right to park on the pavement

You see cars with 2 wheels on the pavements and this can cause a serious hazard to pedestrians. A pedestrian could walk into a car and sustain a serious injury and cars on pavements can cause tripping hazards

I for one am sick to death of car owners who think it is there god given right to behave as they wish without considering people around them and the hazards that their actions cause others

Surely a £100 fine could be the thing to deter people from doing this?

I could make a start by issuing red cards and placing them on the windscreen of offending cars

Its not much but its at least a start

What do others think about offending cars and their selfish owners?

I have bought my car, I pay for the ved [or whatever this weeks name is for it] ,mot and insurance so I can park wherever I want!!!:hihi::hihi: and before you all come back at me please realise that this is a joke!!

I see women with pushchairs/prams having to go onto a busy road near me because they can't get by on the pavement due to parked cars.

Some selfish self centred folk about.

I see women with pushchairs/prams having to go onto a busy road near me because they can't get by on the pavement due to parked cars.

:hihi:

I agree...

... I've seen cyclists have to do the same! ;)

I have bought my car, I pay for the ved [or whatever this weeks name is for it] ,mot and insurance so I can park wherever I want!!

You are a disgrace

What gives you the right?

How dare you?

:rant::rant::rant::mad::mad::mad:

This is the reason why fines need to be handed out

Edited by rogets

maybe if the council actually made some decent of road parking come on why do we need all these grass verges

are maybe not fleece people out of hundreds and hundreds of pounds just to drop a kerb

Edited by grand

On the other hand...

Some roads (like the one I live on) are too narrow for large vehicles to pass if cars do not park on the pavement. Therefore if there was an emergency (such as a house on fire further up the road, which has only one entrance) then a fire engine could not get through. We have already experienced similar with lack of bin collections and deliveries for example.

But obviously, inconveniencing somewhere with a pushchair is much more serious than, oh, saving someone's life for example.

And for the record I have a drive so don't park on the street. I'm just saying that I can see reasons it happens.

Whats the difference between "legal action" and "serious legal action"

They don't bother enforcing the parking restrictions outside of many schools, it's a total free-for-all when they kick out.

So I can't see them ticketing cars on pavements any time soon. (and yes it is annoying, someone near me manages to get their entire car on the pavement, leaving very little room to squeeze past)

Whats the difference between "legal action" and "serious legal action"

one is serious, the other by implication, trivial legal action?

On the other hand...

Some roads (like the one I live on) are too narrow for large vehicles to pass if cars do not park on the pavement. Therefore if there was an emergency (such as a house on fire further up the road, which has only one entrance) then a fire engine could not get through. We have already experienced similar with lack of bin collections and deliveries for example.

But obviously, inconveniencing somewhere with a pushchair is much more serious than, oh, saving someone's life for example.

And for the record I have a drive so don't park on the street. I'm just saying that I can see reasons it happens.

I get your point in some cases. Where I live everyone has a garage and a drive...most double drives.

I do see both sides though. Many streets/houses were built when there was a lot less traffic on the roads than there is now.