Bathroom Megathread. Advice & recommendations - no quotes/advertising

Shower pumps are anout £120 fittings for cylinder £15 Labour £120ish pipes and fittings £100 would need to see to give written quote

dont forget the shower aswell micky !!!!

seems a decent quote, but as micky says its impossible to give an accurate quote without seeing the job !!!!

Edited by LeakyLloyd

Not that difficult to change a shower unit yourself if you have some sound DIY knowledge and some knowledge of electrical circuits.

For a shower unit of up to 7.5KW a 6mm Tw/e cable with a 32amp breaker is fine, above 7.5kw shower unit then you need to install a 10mm tw/e cable with a 45amp breaker.

Sorry but the above quote is wrong a 6mm cable can run a shower unit up 9kw from 32 amps anything above 9kw would require a 10mm cable with a 45 amp breaker also it would depend on the distance of the cable from the consumer unit to the shower.

We would be happy to provide you with a free quotation.

Electricians & Plubmers available.

Thanks Paul.

Are your plubmers fully qualified :D

Sorry but the above quote is wrong a 6mm cable can run a shower unit up 9kw from 32 amps anything above 9kw would require a 10mm cable with a 45 amp breaker also it would depend on the distance of the cable from the consumer unit to the shower.

Maybe the cable is run in an insulated wall and covered with 100mm insulation in the roof space an inspection is required to work the correct rating out guys good luck with it all

Matt

Plumber wanted to look at / fix our shower - no cold water coming through (plenty of hot). May be just the mixer tap?

Sheffield 6 area

A days work for two men,maximum 0f £250 labour plus any materials-so pay £300-350 maximum.

A days work for two men,maximum 0f £250 labour plus any materials-so pay £300-350 maximum.

LOL :hihi:

Edited by Plain Talker
No actual comment

Whats with the lols sam ?

alot of plumbers will charge those sort of prices and £300 is about the middle of the road ????

i have no doubt what with the current work situation the job will get done cheaper, but there are guys out there who would also charge more for a similar job !

dunno about the 2 men bit though,, 1 man could easily do this in a day based in an out and in swap !

The LOL is about the price, but also the giving of advice when not experienced to do so, also quoting blind and in general which is a major no no.

My advice to the OP is to search the recommended tradesman thread and then make a decision who to call, all a thread like this achieves is people coming on saying 'call me'.

I very rarely find a straightforward swap job, pipework often has to be remodeled, new fittings etc... If its a 1 day job the OP or tiler will then have to tile around W.C. and basin, vinyl cut around ped and w.c. There is simply more to it than a couple of guys one day, bish bash bosh.

I suppose it depends on the OP's budget and what they expect in terms of quality and workmanship. I have seen some absolute shockers in my travels, some from tradesmen off the forum as well and you could tell it was a one day quick swap, but again it comes down to budget.

I agree 100% with Sam.

Of course budget plays a big part but how anyone can give a blind price is utter madness. Oh, yeah, hes not qualified is he so of course he'd know!!

The LOL is about the price, but also the giving of advice when not experienced to do so, also quoting blind and in general which is a major no no.

My advice to the OP is to search the recommended tradesman thread and then make a decision who to call, all a thread like this achieves is people coming on saying 'call me'.

I very rarely find a straightforward swap job, pipework often has to be remodeled, new fittings etc... If its a 1 day job the OP or tiler will then have to tile around W.C. and basin, vinyl cut around ped and w.c. There is simply more to it than a couple of guys one day, bish bash bosh.

I suppose it depends on the OP's budget and what they expect in terms of quality and workmanship. I have seen some absolute shockers in my travels, some from tradesmen off the forum as well and you could tell it was a one day quick swap, but again it comes down to budget.

How many suites does a plumber have to fit to be experienced?and how long do you need to make the swap given you have an equally skilled operative to guide you?