Many dead in Bastille Day lorry "attack"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36800730

A lorry has struck a crowd during Bastille Day celebrations in the southern French city of Nice, killing about 60 people, officials are quoted as saying by local media

They seem unsure if it's an attack or just an accident at the moment but it doesnt look especially good...

Edit: OK it's at least 73 dead now according to Agency France assuming I heard right. It's a bit more than a crash, this sounds very deliberate. :(

Edited by Obelix

According to one police chief, it continued to mow people down for nearly 2km, including bends in the road, until they killed the driver, so it clearly wasn't an accident.

My thoughts are with everybody who is struggling to find a way to cope with the loss or injury of a loved one right now, and with all of those who will have to rebuild a life.

I hate the think of the number of injured then if it went that far, it could be in the thousands. I dont think I have words for the sheer brutality of this :(

I hate the think of the number of injured then if it went that far, it could be in the thousands. I dont think I have words for the sheer brutality of this :(

Murdering thug zealots who are as creative as swine excrement.?

up to 80 dead up to now....what a mad mad world we live in.

Condolences to our French friends

Edited by banjodeano

Done my cowards who give all these people no chance to defend themselves,they don't care what sex,age religion and colour,RIP.

Done my cowards who give all these people no chance to defend themselves,they don't care what sex,age religion and colour,RIP.

Unfortunately, any idea of "fair play" doesn't apply. Calling them cowards doesn't mean anything.

Flipping atrocious wazzock.

R.i.p. and condolences to the relatives of the dead and injured.

Unfortunately, any idea of "fair play" doesn't apply. Calling them cowards doesn't mean anything.

It does to me.

Evil, evil act. These young children and families have done no harm.

84 dead. The driver was French-Tunisian, known to the police but not for anything terrorism related.

it must've been absolutely terrifying. Hollande has described it as a 'monstrous terrorist act', I can't think of any better words.

RIP