Japanese madman kills 19 disabled people

A Japanese 26 year old wrote a letter months ago to a Japanese official stating he would kill disabled people at the institution where he worked until February.

Last night he carried out his threat and stabbed 19 and injured many more. How the police have not responded to this appropriately is, in my mind, unimaginable. Yet more victims of crazed individuals.

It's been nearly 12 hours since you posted this, and mine is the first response. This maybe because:

- The victims were disabled, hence few are interested

- It happened in a different continent, not in Europe

- The perpetrator doesn't fit into the 'IS' style slaughter which has dominated the news.

But yes, it was a dreadful slaying of defenceless individuals. As someone who works with disabled people I find it abhorrent that someone would slay them in such a brutal manner.

Condolences to anybody caught up in this and their friends and families.

It's been nearly 12 hours since you posted this, and mine is the first response. This maybe because:

- The victims were disabled, hence few are interested

- It happened in a different continent, not in Europe

- The perpetrator doesn't fit into the 'IS' style slaughter which has dominated the news.

But yes, it was a dreadful slaying of defenceless individuals. As someone who works with disabled people I find it abhorrent that someone would slay them in such a brutal manner.

Condolences to anybody caught up in this and their friends and families.

It's a sign of the amount of people that have me on ignore ;)

More serious though, it really bothers me he worked with these people before, he probably knew fine well who he was killing. Just disgusting on so many levels.

I don't know why I haven't commented - it's not like this forum busy anymore. I think the lack of interest is because it's on the other side of world in a very different culture. Yes it's a tragic, probably avoidable event. But one miles away. There have been lots things happen further east than our current focus of the Middle East that hasn't got a lot of attention.

It could be due to the fact this happened on the same day as other attacks closer to home.

There could also be something in the thinking that this was a lone attacker, in a country that has very little connection to the UK and was not carried out by a person who is fighting for the destruction of our culture and way of life.

Islamic terrorism is happening right now in Europe and this is way more frightening compared to a crazy person living nearly 6000 miles away.

It could be due to the fact this happened on the same day as other attacks closer to home.

There could also be something in the thinking that this was a lone attacker, in a country that has very little connection to the UK and was not carried out by a person who is fighting for the destruction of our culture and way of life.

Islamic terrorism is happening right now in Europe and this is way more frightening compared to a crazy person living nearly 6000 miles away.

Selective outrage as usual, 19 innocent disabled people were slaughtered and you bleat on about how it happened in a country that has little connection to the uk.

Burka wearers in Afghanistan had little connection to the UK but it doesn't stop the west interfering on that matter going on about how the women are oppressed etc etc.

Selective outrage as usual, 19 innocent disabled people were slaughtered and you bleat on about how it happened in a country that has little connection to the uk.

Burka wearers in Afghanistan had little connection to the UK but it doesn't stop the west interfering on that matter going on about how the women are oppressed etc etc.

Not selective at all. People only have so much space in order to process such atrocities. People are outraged but that doesn't mean they have to post something on a forum. The latest of a long string of atrocities carried out on the continent is more important to us as it affects us directly.

Your assumption that we should have the same response to all atrocities is plain wrong. If this knife attack had happened in Europe or the UK, there would have been a larger response due to the proximity. By example, the latest attack on a Kurdish city by ISIS, killing 40+ people will also get very little response on here.

Another example is the Suicide bomber that killed 80 protesters in Afghanistan yesterday. There is very little discussion of this either.

Edited by Berberis

A Japanese 26 year old wrote a letter months ago to a Japanese official stating he would kill disabled people at the institution where he worked until February.

Last night he carried out his threat and stabbed 19 and injured many more. How the police have not responded to this appropriately is, in my mind, unimaginable. Yet more victims of crazed individuals.

After he attempted to deliver his letter saying that disabled people should be euthanized he involuntarily committed to a psychiatric hospital but was released after 12 days after a doctor decided he posed no risk.