Brand new bf goodrich tyre repair advice needed

hi ive got a brand new b.f.goodrich tyre that ive had on my car for 1 week at the cost of £120 fitted , its now got a small hole in the side wall near the tread top , is there anything i can do to save this , it looks like somone has stabbed it with a stanley knife:mad: , its a tubeless at tyre 225 70 16 , even if i put a tube in it would be dodgy , would them in darnell be able to fix somthing like this?? , i could use it for the spare??

Take it back to where you had it fitted and ask them, you can't take chances with tyres.

hi ive got a brand new b.f.goodrich tyre that ive had on my car for 1 week at the cost of £120 fitted , its now got a small hole in the side wall near the tread top , is there anything i can do to save this , it looks like somone has stabbed it with a stanley knife:mad: , its a tubeless at tyre 225 70 16 , even if i put a tube in it would be dodgy , would them in darnell be able to fix somthing like this?? , i could use it for the spare??

You need a company that does Hot Vulcanising on tyres, places such as KwikFit will probably only want to sell you a new tyre.

Anything on the edge of the tread or on the sidewall cannot normally be repaired.

Unfortunately, the flexing of the sidewall as the tyre rotates makes any kind of patching impossible.

The only chance you may have would be if there was an unconditional guarantee on the tyre, offered by the seller.

You mean new tires dont come with any warranty in the UK ? :o

I bought four new Michelin tires two weeks ago, warrantied for 80,000 miles and also against any road hazards or defects. Free repairs go with them also.

Even if some yob had stabbed one of the tires with a knife they would still replace it no charge.

The tyre is scrap sorry

ring john at all round tyres they do major repair to my hgv tyres side walls also

The tyre is scrap sorry

Best advice on this topic.

Angel.