Sky television waste of time

Anyone agree with me that sky tv is a load of tripe.

why? what don't you like?

It's not to Rupert Murdoch.

Angel.

I agree that much of it is tripe,repeated tripe,and tripe interspersed with too many adverts.

Add to this the duplicated channels and programmes you get a lot less for your money than you think.

However,I do like sport,and I do like the sky planner and hard drive so I will stick with it for a while.

We have the full sky package ,and i hardly ever watch owt apart from the football and the news channels. 99% of the sky channels are garbage .

I have to agree.

But I guess it's down the personal choice.

I only ever watch stuff like BBC Three, Dave, ITV2 and big channels like that, which are of course available on freeview.

If you're sad enough to watch stuff like...psychic TV etc, then get Sky I guess.

I love the sports channels, but the rest i tend to agree with you, most of it is repeats.

I really love the choice available on Sky Arts 1 and 2, which don't contain any adverts in most of the programmes, and I'd miss them more than I can say if they weren't available any more.

Our Sky+ box is about 30% full of things I've recorded off one of these two channels, including fabulous classical performances, live sets, sessions and interviews recorded at festivals from the Isle of Wight to the Hay literary festival and I'm typing this whilst watching Annie Lennox, Aloe Blacc and Tim Minchin discussing the rights and wrongs of sexual stereotyping in music with Jo Whiley on her music show. Stimulating, challenging and absolutely not tripe :)

The vast majority of my watching is made up of BBC4 and Sky Arts 1 and 2.

If you feel this way, more fool you for carrying on with your subscription, if you haven't cancelled all ready.

Unless you specifically want the sports channels, anything else is just different degrees of tripe. The same sort of tripe that you can also get on Freeview.

Eurosport were showing the "table football" world championships the other day, a new low for sports coverage.