Serious advice needed

Right.

Im skint. Potless, poor as a church mouse.

Thats ok though because i have a plan.

Its a good plan too.

Thing is its sort of been scuppered.

Whilst sat pulling my hair out last night, trying to work out what im going to do for the kids Christmas (got them just the 2 prezzies each this year) the wife suddendly pipes up

"Moran (she used my real name), Im pregnant"

Oh ****!!!!

Now our options are clear or so i thought.

Its a horrible thing to say and even think but a termination is the only possible solution.

Then she hit me with the knockout punch.

"Moran, im 3 months gone and i dont want to murder my baby"

To reiterate

Oh ****!!!!

So good people of Sheffield forum.

Advice please cos im at a point where i just dont know what to do.

P.S

For the pedants. We used contraception (depo??) but in this case it wasnt what you could call 100% effective.

Don't know what else to tell you, MrM, other than...

...been there (exactly there, and/but freshly without a job (both Me and the Mrs) and (both) virtually unemployable, not eligible for any benefits, and with mortgage/bills/etc.)

We had to emigrate. House eventually had to go. A few years on, we're all still here. And doing OK now.

Chin up, sleeves up a tad more, and get yourself going - there's something out there you can do to improve your lot. Go find it.

And a happy and prosperous 2012 to you and your family :)

Edited by L00b

Start job hunting to see if there is anything out there that will suit your skills/experience and pays more than you're currently on :)

Or do a bit of extra casual work (cash in hand is nice) and try to make it something you would enjoy, bit of bar work at the local pub etc.

Look at your outgoings - do you really need a telephone line if you have free mins on your mobile? Can you downgrade your broadband to a slower speed if it will save you money? Can you do without the Sky HD? Get a water meter fitted.

Check you're getting all the right tax credits too.

Hope this helps, just thinking of stuff off top of my head.

Just face the music and dance.

And look forward to the grandchildren.

If your wife is already 12 weeks pregnant then by the time she has seen the required doctors and they have agreed to a termination (if in fact they do) she will be 14 to 16 weeks and termination at that stage is not like the quick procedure it is at 6 or 8 weeks.

I think that the only thing you can do is carry on and make the best of things......your children have loving parents and will not be cold or hungry this Christmas...they even have presents to come so although another mouth to feed might seem like the end of the world right now it isnt. Take the time whilst she is pregnant to go and see about some more effective contraception such as vasectomy.

If you really feel...both of you...that this new little one would be too much to cope with then offer it up for adoption and allow someone who desperately wants to be a parent the chance.

don't automatically abandon whatever your original plan was - if it's a good un you might be able to adapt it

Do a course in child minding and start a crèche?

hate to say it, but you'll be ok for a while, because your missus will be able to claim benefits, and as a result you will be entitled to housing benefit (possibly) and family tax credits eventually etc...

seeing you already have kids, these will just increse to help out...

you won't be stuck!

Right.

Im skint. Potless, poor as a church mouse.

Thats ok though because i have a plan.

Its a good plan too.

Thing is its sort of been scuppered.

Whilst sat pulling my hair out last night, trying to work out what im going to do for the kids Christmas (got them just the 2 prezzies each this year) the wife suddendly pipes up

"Moran (she used my real name), Im pregnant"

Oh ****!!!!

Now our options are clear or so i thought.

Its a horrible thing to say and even think but a termination is the only possible solution.

Then she hit me with the knockout punch.

"Moran, im 3 months gone and i dont want to murder my baby"

To reiterate

Oh ****!!!!

So good people of Sheffield forum.

Advice please cos im at a point where i just dont know what to do.

P.S

For the pedants. We used contraception (depo??) but in this case it wasnt what you could call 100% effective.

have as many kids as possible, claim everything you can.

You don't need to 'do' anything immediately other than continue to try your hardest to gain employment and think about cutting out unneccesary expenditure.

You might want to think about taking up knitting though, baby clothes can be expensive. Oh, and encourage your wife to breastfeed.

Cheers you lot.

Not you though Alien52.

That was well out of order:lol:

Im still in a state of shock if im honest but im not going to change my plan. I think ill just have to put my foot down on it and get it done sooner.

In the mean time im going to look harder for some part time work. I know what your saying Ghozer but i want to be away from benfits and be 100% self sufficent by this time next year. We rent so at the minute we are getting hb so at least we still have a roof..

If im honest my heads still in a bit of a spin so im probably not making much sense, but when do i ever?

Anyway thanks for your advice yall.

Appreciate it greatly :)

Like i say though, not you Alien52:P