Sign in to follow this  

Which music artist will be big in 2004?

So, regardless of music genre, what do people think will be a big hit in 2004?

Will dancehall music and the likes of sean paul continue to dominate many music venues?

Can you see a re-emergence of another type of music (other than pop) to take over the charts? Will alternative music become more mainstream, or will this year be big for the nu-metallers of two years ago.

Also, what new artists in particuallr will be big this year. I think Franz Ferdinand are goign to be huge and i expect many will agree.

Your thoughts?

Wilf

Franz Ferdinand, Mew, British Sea Power, The Sleepy Jackson, Seafood.

They all deserve to make it big this year anyway :)

We'll see a big insurgance of Alt.Country and Alt.Indie

Amy Whinehouse

Joss Stone

Terri Walker

Michelle Lawson

Shystie

Lady Sovereign

Medasyn

I think garage will make a comeback but will have progressed and moved on from the 2001 style and drum n bass will try to hit the mainstream harder. And from my listings I think soulful female vocalists will be successful - theres a lot of good 'uns re/emerging this year.

Originally posted by RPG

Franz Ferdinand, Mew, British Sea Power, The Sleepy Jackson, Seafood.

I agree. Seafood have been around ages, it's a pity they aren't more widelyknown

Wilf

:thumbsup: Franz Ferdinand & Snow Patrol my tips for 2004

Franz ferdinand? (XTC!)

My bet...Dolium and Slo-Mo!

Almost Sheffield bands.

And Bark Psychosis should they reform.

Plus...Late in the year..a ska dance hybrid becomes big!

Originally posted by BrainThrust

I agree. Seafood have been around ages, it's a pity they aren't more widelyknown

Wilf

Who is Seafood... I know who Seafruit is... but never heard of seafood.

DB

I think Gizzard the Donkey have been knocking on the door for some time now, and could emerge and show their true colours this year, as well could Finbarr Snootz.

I want the Darkness to take over the universe this year!! They're really growing on me!:headbang:

Originally posted by Funky Dave

I want the Darkness to take over the universe this year!! They're really growing on me!:headbang:

a bit like athletes foot then?

My hot tip for 2004. Frank Zappa's back catalogue which, in spite of his death some years ago, is growing ever larger as the Zappa Family Trust get to grips with his whole archive of obsessively recorded material stretching back 40 years or more.

You see there is music, and there is meta-music. Your usual genre-bound terpsichorean ejaculations of the youth generation are mere flecks in comparison to the rich tapestry of this one man's work. Zappa transcends genre and traditional musical taxonomy by at once being the best guitarist ever, living or dead, and one of the world's foremost contemporary classical composers simultaneously.

But my prediction for the real hit of 2004 will some over publicised product; they may or may not be a gifted musician, but under all the gloss, promotion, publicity and production, it will be very hard to tell.

`The Mergatroid` I went to college with them, they were great.

One of there specials was the `knight rider theme` you may have heard it...