Fund the Police adequately

The other major service after the NHS and social services that should be properly funded in the interests of public safety.

There is no doubt in my mind that once again the public is being shortchanged due to cuts in the numbers of PCs available to patrol our streets.

We want a visible presence to prevent crime,and officers available to pursue criminals.

We do need to reduce the countries debt though, something has got to have lower funding.

We do need to reduce the countries debt though, something has got to have lower funding.

Rich ******** seem to be doing ok out of things, while everything else suffers Oo

You know I work in public service at the coal face dealing with clients on a one to one basis, and central / local government cuts have affected the front line over the last 10 years in terms of quantity and quality of provision. What there has not been a cut in are tiers and tiers of management. I know it's an easy target and cliché, but it's true.

Why not merge back office functions, and various forms of management of public sector organisations? This would free up money for the front line.

You know I work in public service at the coal face dealing with clients on a one to one basis, and central / local government cuts have affected the front line over the last 10 years in terms of quantity and quality of provision. What there has not been a cut in are tiers and tiers of management. I know it's an easy target and cliché, but it's true.

Why not merge back office functions, and various forms of management of public sector organisations? This would free up money for the front line.

its like our place, i know its private not public but 19 of us were recently made redundent, half the workforce, completely decimated bare board production. yet not one manager has gone.

half the staffs gone yet they still have a managing director, production manager, assistant production manager (mind u i think he'll now be doing everything i was doing lol, dropped back down) and whatever manager types at least of em are in the main office

Suppose we could stop peeing money up the wall renewing Trident, the white elephant that is HS2, a myriad of failed govt computer systems, outsourcing, PFI, consultants etc etc. Just look at the massive drain on the NHS that occurred after the Lansley proposals, all those private companies ripping off the public sector and funneling profits to their executives. Look at the railways....billions given to private companies who either screw up, fail to deliver or have to be bailed out by the taxpayer.

There are a thousand and one ways of reducing spending...it's just that the government is ideologically obsessed with the private sector. Even when East Coast Mainline was Nationalised and made a profit...and had higher customer satisfaction ratings than other operators, it didn't stop the govt from flogging it off purely due to political ideology.

Lower funding to prisons means riots.

Lower funding to HMRC/Border Agency means more crime, illegal immigrants, people smuggling

Less money to Social care means the NHS implodes

But these aren't the big issues the government wants to tackle...it's denying payments to disabled and dying people, killing badgers, cutting corporation tax, restoring fox hunting and moaning about immigrants.

I work in the public sector (at the university) and there are a vast number of people who are either useless, counter-productive, or engaged in needless regulatory compliance.

its like our place, i know its private not public but 19 of us were recently made redundent, half the workforce, completely decimated bare board production. yet not one manager has gone.

half the staffs gone yet they still have a managing director, production manager, assistant production manager (mind u i think he'll now be doing everything i was doing lol, dropped back down) and whatever manager types at least of em are in the main office

Sounds like the company i work for as well,we have even increased the amount of managers and directors while cutting the front line down to the barebones.They are now scratching their heads has to why profit is not going up.Makes you sick doesnt it.

We could save up to £10k/year by optimising this. Let's hire somebody for £30k/year to organise it.

Sounds like the company i work for as well,we have even increased the amount of managers and directors while cutting the front line down to the barebones.They are now scratching their heads has to why profit is not going up.Makes you sick doesnt it.

exactly fella, when i started 11 years ago we had 7 people in the "wet area" (where all the chemicals are etc), then it was down to 5, then 4, now they get rid of the 2 most experienced people and are now down to 2, theres like 8 or so processes and some of em can be full time if its busy, the acid copperline generally needs 2 people (one to cover the others breaks) and then when one persons off? Oo

Yet the managements exactly the same, well technically its gone up with the former superviser back and promoted to assistant manager

exactly fella, when i started 11 years ago we had 7 people in the "wet area" (where all the chemicals are etc), then it was down to 5, then 4, now they get rid of the 2 most experienced people and are now down to 2, theres like 8 or so processes and some of em can be full time if its busy, the acid copperline generally needs 2 people (one to cover the others breaks) and then when one persons off? Oo

Yet the managements exactly the same, well technically its gone up with the former superviser back and promoted to assistant manager

Our company has come up with a good way of avoiding us covering breaks,they dont give us any.We have also gone fron six to two but are still expected to be as productive.Hope you find another job mate.

Our company has come up with a good way of avoiding us covering breaks,they dont give us any.We have also gone fron six to two but are still expected to be as productive.Hope you find another job mate.

trying, been a month now, with 2 weeks at a sister company in the middle, even tho the staff are crying out theres too much work and not enough staff they didnt keep me on Oo

---------- Post added 02-03-2017 at 21:20 ----------

seems they are resigning because of poor staffing too

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-39138368