Can anyone help me identify this piece of furniture

Hi, wondering if anyone can help me ? I have bought a corner unit today from a charity shop intending to paint it and put it in my living room but on inspection I have found a little white rose carved into the inside of the cabinet door. I dont want to go ruining it with paint if its worth anything and also I am really intrigued by it and would like to find out if possible who it would be made by and how old it may be. Any information would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Without a picture it's almost impossible to advise. However, all I would say is for heavens sake don't ruin it by painting it!!!!...I really hate these 'shabby chic' type furniture thats been painted over with some wishy-washy paint and 'called' shabby-chic...it's horrible!

Haha thats exactly what i was going to do with it, but think finding this rose carved inside it has saved it from its fate. I will try and put a picture of it up if you think that will help to identify it. Thanks

Without a picture it's almost impossible to advise. However, all I would say is for heavens sake don't ruin it by painting it!!!!...I really hate these 'shabby chic' type furniture thats been painted over with some wishy-washy paint and 'called' shabby-chic...it's horrible!

REALLY?...I hear there are plenty of folks on eBay painting old tables Etc and selling them as shabby chic and making a bomb out of old furniture...

Where you been....Stuck in your loft while this was happening?

Hi, wondering if anyone can help me ? I have bought a corner unit today from a charity shop intending to paint it and put it in my living room but on inspection I have found a little white rose carved into the inside of the cabinet door. I dont want to go ruining it with paint if its worth anything and also I am really intrigued by it and would like to find out if possible who it would be made by and how old it may be. Any information would be greatly appreciated thanks.

This reminds of me of the Antiques Roadshow. The experts go to great lengths to tell the owners about the history of a particular piece when it's obvious that all they are interested in is the value of it in pounds sterling. I love it when the expert finishes by saying '...and it's worth about.......one pound fifty'!!!!! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Any idea how I can add a photo to this post ??

You can't.

But you can upload it to site like Photobucket or similar and then post the link to it on here.

Not actually interested in the value, but if it is a piece that is very old or has any great history then it will be given to my nanan or someone that will appreciate it how it is, at the end of the day I can pick up any corner unit for my living rm and paint it white, dont want to ruin something special !!!

REALLY?...I hear there are plenty of folks on eBay painting old tables Etc and selling them as shabby chic and making a bomb out of old furniture...

Where you been....Stuck in your loft while this was happening?

Exactly...I've seen it all and I (personally) just don't like it. It's just ruining beatuful furniture!

Exactly...I've seen it all and I (personally) just don't like it. It's just ruining beatuful furniture!

Sometimes it's disguising shoddy, ugly or damaged furniture though.

The chest of drawers in my bedroom was bought in a junk shop already painted and I decided to strip it and restore it to its prior glory.

Unfortunately, after a whole day of getting high on Nitromors fumes, I found the government utility marks on the underside of the chest and found that it was actually made of faced plywood.

It's now a fetching shade of bottle green and matches the bedroom perfectly :)

Oh- and for the OP, the Royal Oak Furniture Company in Grassingham carve a rose on all of their furniture as a maker's mark, but without seeing both roses that's not really a great help, is it?