Giving up tv for a whole year.

You can easily do without it mate but i think you would be missing out some interesting stuff.

I doubt it. All the programmes you miss will probably be on again next year. At least twice, too.

I doubt it. All the programmes you miss will probably be on again next year. At least twice, too.

Why wait if they are are on now? :huh: I have watched some brilliant documentaries in the last year.

Why wait if they are are on now? :huh: I have watched some brilliant documentaries in the last year.

For every 'Frozen Planet' there are far more hours of total rubbish.

Turn off the TV and download some documentaries from Radio 4 instead - you'll learn far more than you do in front of a TV.

This is a brilliant place to start

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/ahow

Edited by ElasticMan

TV is serious crap.

Seriously expensive crap if it's Sky TV.

I ditched mine for years and only have one now because my wife wants it.

I do watch DVDs and the odd thing on broadcast but not a lot of the latter.

Hmm I'd find it hard I must admit. I could easily not watch live broadcast telly but couldn't get by without watching films/DVDs etc (including some TV series).

Depends what you mean by TV I guess? Are DVDs exempted even if they're TV series? Does 4OD/Iplayer count or not? Is cinema ok? What about if you go to someone else's house and they put the telly on?

Can i do it. ?

I would think it quite easy to give up if the bilge that has been on this Christmas is anything to go by!

wow I don't think I could give up my telly voluntarily ... mind I'd get soooo much more done and be so better read ... and have so much more time.

Hmmm ...

well there are lots of tvs on display in shops, banks etc. so you will likly have to hide away for the whole year. im guessing you cant do it. but good luck !

Can i do it. ?

Yes.

I didn't have one for over 10 years and bought one a few months back so my grandson of 3 years can watch Ceebies and dvds. Sill don't watch it much though and hardly had it on over Christmas but did record The Gruffalo and The Gruffalos Child.

Why a year? Give it up for ever. Listen to radio, read newspapers, and get your life back.