Eat in or out for Christmas ??

Christmas dinner stay in or go out ???  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Christmas dinner stay in or go out ???

• Stay in
    • Go out

It's the first time that we have been out this year for our dinner and what a change it made, no dishes, drinks on tap, great atmosphere and a general good laugh without all the hassle of cooking at home.

Do you go out for your dinner or stay in ???

We stayed in this year, but it has been very hard work for me now I am doing it on my own. I would definitely consider eating out if I had a recommendation of somewhere good, otherwise I would be worried it wouldn't be as good as at home, and would spoil the day for everyone.

Where did you go Corker?

We couldn't afford the cost of going out for dinner, so whether it's great or not would not come into it to be honest. It's very rare to find anywhere that does a dinner on Christmas day for under £50 a head (of decent quality) and that would buy everything needed for dinner for several people and leave us with leftovers that would feed us for the rest of the week.

We stayed in this year, but it has been very hard work for me now I am doing it on my own. I would definitely consider eating out if I had a recommendation of somewhere good, otherwise I would be worried it wouldn't be as good as at home, and would spoil the day for everyone.

Where did you go Corker?

We went to the fairways where Birly golf course is, it was a carvery but a lot nicer than usual, sprouts parsnips the lot lol.

3 course meal 30 quid a head, can't fault it.

We couldn't afford the cost of going out for dinner, so whether it's great or not would not come into it to be honest. It's very rare to find anywhere that does a dinner on Christmas day for under £50 a head (of decent quality) and that would buy everything needed for dinner for several people and leave us with leftovers that would feed us for the rest of the week.

My very generous and brilliant dad paid for 12 of us to go, we wouldn't have been able to go out otherwise.

We stay in every year, I don't like carveries.

True. All the work isn't fun, but the leftovers are wonderful. I'll think about that when I'm wrestling a 12 lb. ham out of the oven.

Usually we all get together, chip in and share, but everyone is scattered this year and no one in my house shows any interest in cooking. They all like to eat, though.

Usually we all get together, chip in and share, but everyone is scattered this year and no one in my house shows any interest in cooking. They all like to eat, though.

Strange that, isn't it? Just like the people who show no interest in helping with the laundry still expect their cupboards to contain clean clothes.

went to the Spitfire at Totley and had 3 courses for 32 quid...absolutely fantastic! service was really great, food was lovely, atmosphere was calm and unrushed..10 out of 10!! thanks to all of the staff!!

I went out- well away with partner christmas eve to boxing day down in warwick. got a right bargain, £99 for 2 nights, 2 course christmas eve meal, breakfast both days, buffet christmas night and a 5 course christmas lunch. right enjoyed it and will definately do it again

although, did miss my family it was the first time I've not seen them christmas day