Shattered on Channel 4

Anyone watching this?! As a concept it's very boring to watch and I'm not really impressed with the few snippets I've seen so far. What would be more impressive is if each person was locked in their own room and not allowed any distractions or contact with the outside world... muhaha :P

I think as a psychological study it is very interesting, but live TV, er - no.

Shattered,is it entertaiment o a load of pap ?

Whats your view ????

Originally posted by tango2

Shattered,is it entertaiment o a load of pap ?

Whats your view ????

Yet another reality TV programme by Channel 4, but at least this one provides some form of scientific research. However, the contestants are allowed a "snooze" of 1 and a half hours each afternoon, so although they'll still be SHATTERED, they aren't strictly going without sleep for a week.

I once went 4 days and 3 nights without ANY sleep whilst working on a major deadline. After not sleeping for a night it was quite easy. Maybe the trick is just to stay busy like I was.

at least its on channel 4 and it hasnt got "the hundred greatest" in the title!!!

Reality TV can be interesting. That Bedsitcom thing they did a few weeks back was hilarious. This Shattered thing is very very dull though.

Channel 4 do produce more reality TV than any other channel though, it makes you think they've ran out of other ideas. At least their not polluting our pop culture with wannabes though.

Originally posted by Sidla

At least their not polluting our pop culture with wannabes though.

No, they are instead polluting us with "celebs" such as Jade who don't even have a talent... ouch :P

Originally posted by Geoff

No, they are instead polluting us with "celebs" such as Jade who don't even have a talent... ouch :P

Not so much now. What's happened to Cameron?? Anyone?

I'd like to see a celebrity version of shattered with more arguments. That WOULD be funny!

Originally posted by Tony

I once went 4 days and 3 nights without ANY sleep whilst working on a major deadline. After not sleeping for a night it was quite easy. Maybe the trick is just to stay busy like I was.

I did something similar when I was a postdoc research associate at portsmouth uni. Worst bit was watching the sun rise each morning from 4th floor lab window and seeing people come into work. Think it'd be easier with no windows and not seeing others go about their daily business and reminding you that you have no life :loopy:

it would be so much better if it was done as a proper experiment without all the crowd and big brother ness and that bloody dermot o leary presenting it.

sleep deprivation isnt very interesting there arent any effects that are particularly interesting in any of the experiments that have been done so far in history - just tiredness, microsleep, hallucination and loss of concentration. - i doubt we will see anything other than this. It doesnt need to be done for science sake as its been done loads of times before.