Sign in to follow this  

Recommend TV for Jan 5 - Jan 11

Any tips on what to watch this week? I know we are half way through the week now, but this could become a regular feature of this new forum.

If you wanna here some good music, watch Emmerdale tonight Thursday 8th Jan at 7.00pm.

Not that I watch it myself you see, but as they switch the life support machine off for someone who has been injured in the gale, you will here one of my favourite artist singing a specially recorded track for the show.

Boo Hewerdine - Bell Book and Candle - written by Boo but originally recorded by Eddie Reader.

Backing vocals from Rosalie Deighton - Barnsley Girl.

OK so you've missed the first one but I think it's on again next week. Crafty Tricks of War was most entertaining. Well I enoyed it anyway.

From

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/listings/programme.shtml?service_id=4224&filename=20040113/20040113_2000_4224_56660_60

for next weeks show:

Crafty Tricks Of War

Tue 13 Jan, 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm 60mins

Sea And Disguise

How were an aniseed ball and a condom instrumental in sinking thousands of tonnes of enemy shipping? Ex-Army Colonel Dick Strawbridge reveals the secrets of the Mark I limpet mine and builds an under-water canoe, Sleeping Beauty, designed in the Second World War by the Special Operations Executive to deploy the mines.

Dick also gets his hands dirty with exploding camel dung - used in North Africa in the Second World War to stop vehicles in their tracks - as he uncovers some clever uses of disguise in wartime. He disguises a tank as a lorry and demonstrates how magic was used to hide the Suez Canal from the air.

Wednesdays are always tough because there's nothing decent on.

Little Britain and Dead ringers and My family are good comedy

and for news comedy try Have i got news for you???

Originally posted by nomme

OK so you've missed the first one but I think it's on again next week. Crafty Tricks of War was most entertaining.

Thanks for the tip - it sounds like my kind of thing :)

Originally posted by nomme

OK so you've missed the first one but I think it's on again next week. Crafty Tricks of War was most entertaining. Well I enoyed it anyway.

Dick also gets his hands dirty with exploding camel dung - used in North Africa in the Second World War to stop vehicles in their tracks - as he uncovers some clever uses of disguise in wartime. He disguises a tank as a lorry and demonstrates how magic was used to hide the Suez Canal from the air.

No one ever proved that Maskelyne's (sp?) scheme to obscure the Suez canal with hundreds of pillars of light projected into the sky actually worked, but the guy was a theatrical genius who probably contributed hugely to the success of the battle of El Alamein.