Birders that know the Peak District ..

Hi all,

I am new to the area and quite new to the European birding environment (originally from Africa) so please excuse me if this is a silly question:

My wife and I went through to Fairholmes Visitor Centre in the Peak District and on the way there, across the dam is a farm with sheep and geese and while I was scanning the banks I noticed that one of the geese amongst the Canada Geese was a lot more white, with yellow/orange legs and bill and was also somewhat smaller than the Canada's ..... is it possible that this could be a BAR-HEADED GOOSE ? I know this is an Asian species, but could it be domesticated somehow?

Just wondering .....

Thanks

Victor

Greylag maybe?

See also Brent and PinkFooted

Lots of good places to go out with a pair of binoculars round here; Welcome to Sheffield Victor.

No definately not any of those. I have seen many Greylags before and the other two just have too dark a head - was definately very, very white.

Looked online and it seems as if there may be some introduced individuals around the UK ...

Feral snow goose have been reported in the area before.