Website help? please

how much is it for someone to do a website that I can upload pictures of work/customers comments too?

I know some people do this on facebook but I don`t want to go on that.

Don`t want to pay the earth.Just something simple.

To include-

Name/Address/Etc

Picture of myself

Portfolio

Work capabilities

Who I contract too

how much is it for someone to do a website that I can upload pictures of work/customers comments too?

I know some people do this on facebook but I don`t want to go on that.

Don`t want to pay the earth.Just something simple.

To include-

Name/Address/Etc

Picture of myself

Portfolio

Work capabilities

Who I contract too

I had a 'professional' design me a website which turned out to be rubbish … no flair whatsoever. Didn't even work properly on tablets and smartphones.

I ended up asking him to remove it from the interwave and designed my own using a Wix premium plan and my own domain name. Bit of a learning curve, but I now have very favourable comments and it's easy to muck around with.

I'd give it a go and save stacks of dosh. You can easily do all of the stuff you've mentioned. :)

Find a website you like as a benchmark. Are you providing your own content? Do you already have a logo and business correspondence that will dictate the look of your website? £200 should be ample for a basic website. Wordpress is my recommendation.

I had a 'professional' design me a website which turned out to be rubbish … no flair whatsoever. Didn't even work properly on tablets and smartphones.

I ended up asking him to remove it from the interwave and designed my own using a Wix premium plan and my own domain name. Bit of a learning curve, but I now have very favourable comments and it's easy to muck around with.

I'd give it a go and save stacks of dosh. You can easily do all of the stuff you've mentioned. :)

I agree re Wix but I think the OP might need a content management system if they are regularly updating/adding new pages and content.

Yes ShadowLabs 07743925900 They build professional customized sites at reasonable price.

Yes ShadowLabs 07743925900 They build professional customized sites at reasonable price.

whats a reasonable price mean?

as I want one but have had different estimates

They work with you to fit your budget.

I'm more than happy with the person that designed my website, all I pay is a monthly fee for him to keep it updated or what ever they do. Feel free to click on the link below, the Painter & Decorator in Sheffield one.

I know this is a month old BUT does the domain carry the .wix bit at the end.

I need to move our website elsewhere, we have a domain and a wix site but i need to get one that doens't have ****ty ads and .soandso etc.

Hi,

I have been quoted off a few people/companies about building me a website.

I don`t understand any of the info they are giving.

Hosting etc.

All I need is around 4-5 pages on a website.

Please help me understand it all.

Ian

You need a domain name, that is what your website is called. For example http://www.google.com.

Hosting is where the website is saved, basically it is like storage. You need to host your site on a server somewhere so people can access the site.

Then I'd image they might be quoting you for the actual work - as in building the site.

Also things like SEO (search engine optimisation), there are techniques that can be used to make your website appear higher in search results. In simple terms if no one can find your website because it either doesn't come up when people type in terms related to what you do or it does but it appears very low down the search results then you are unlikely to get very many visitors to your website.

Could you perhaps quote some of the information you have been given so people can help you?