A milestone reached..

Or rather a hundred thousand milestone! Just as I got back home this afternoon after a trip in my old S2a landie, the mileometer clicked over to 100000.

Very apt to see that this happened just then!

Haha! I reckon so. I suppose an average of 2000 miles a year is pretty low by modern motoring standards, but it was a farm vehicle for 30 of those years, stood rotting for 12, then bought by me and being rebuilt for another 3....

Congratulations smithy266, now that's what I call sustainable transport!!

My Series 3 is showing 26,000, I've had it 20 years and average about 4k a year, so it's definitely done 126k if not 226k, the speedometer being original, as far as i know - and I've enjoyed every one of those miles

Regards

Ged

I love landrovers but is it me they don't go to many shows or is it that they have exclusive shows?

Quite a few Landie shows, not locally though. Check out the Series2 club, or Landy-related forums.

There should be a few at Hope Show on 12th June. Sorry for delay in responding, been away... while away, another milestone, my car clocked 110000!

will check out the websites you advise thanks