Do many of you fall for 'clickbait' on the internet?

For anyone who's not familiar with the term:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clickbait

I see this all the time, mainly on Facebook. It drives me nuts, but I have to admit, there was a period when I regularly clicked on the half statements...Incomplete sentences, and things that give just enough information to raise your curiosity enough to find out about whatever it's saying.

Here's some examples of the phrases used I've come across just today:

WATCH: This Dog Was Rescued After Being Trapped For Weeks. His Reaction Is The Best Part....

WATCH: This Was A Gas Station In The '40s. Today, It's One Of The Most Remarkable Places I've Seen...

See What Is Hiding In This Ordinary Shell Sitting On The Bottom Of The Ocean

Revealed: 8 reasons why clickbait headlines will shock you!

The Daily Telegraph's website is rapidly getting worse. There are 3 pieces of clickbait in the main headlines today.

Rarely. Usually I can't be bothered.

Edited by Angela P
Missing word

Is that what its called? I really hate the use and don't click them out of principle.

I did it a couple of times til I learned it was not shocking and I wasn't suprised or amazed. Quick learner me!

on occasion I click, but very rarely.

I usually check out the website it's leading to first, as it's a great way of driving people to a virus laden website.

on occasion I click, but very rarely.

I usually check out the website it's leading to first, as it's a great way of driving people to a virus laden website.

Usually (at least on FB) it leads to Wimp or a site like that, which is pretty innocuous, but of course, as soon as you arrive there, there's all sorts of other clickbait there....it sucks you in...Or tries to..