Biggest threat to the planet is..

Of course is South east Asia. It is if you are an animal the some muppet thinks has magical healing properties. Not content on getting certain species of rhino down to single figures, Tigers on the brink of extinction the humble pangolin is on the list to go. They started getting them from Africa now they've chomped through literally millions despite this being illegal. Mind you that doesn't japan hunting whales either.

It's pointless. If there is ten, no, one documented case of any of these animal parts curing cancer I'd be staggered but it's just half arsed witchcraft that does nowt apart from cause suffering. I don't get it. And the above are just the tip of the iceberg.

Important though pangolins and whales undoubtedly are, the biggest threat to the planet is clearly global warming.

Guest sibon
Important though pangolins and whales undoubtedly are, the biggest threat to the planet is clearly global warming.

The planet will survive without whales, pangolin, rhino, tigers and regardless of the temperature.

The human race, on the other hand....

Most of the issues, including global warming, come back to overpopulation.

I fear many animals will be long extinct by the time climate change starts to bite. Why are kestrels down by such a large percent in this country? It ain't climate change. We aren't guilt free in all this, just the good folk in South East Asia seem to be keener on doing with it greater cruelty to animals in greater risk for no even vauguely sensible reason.

---------- Post added 05-02-2015 at 18:34 ----------

Most of the issues, including global warming, come back to overpopulation.

Correct answer.

It will warm up a lot sooner if Russia does not stop invading Eastern Europe.

Of course is South east Asia. It is if you are an animal the some muppet thinks has magical healing properties. Not content on getting certain species of rhino down to single figures, Tigers on the brink of extinction the humble pangolin is on the list to go. They started getting them from Africa now they've chomped through literally millions despite this being illegal. Mind you that doesn't japan hunting whales either.

It's pointless. If there is ten, no, one documented case of any of these animal parts curing cancer I'd be staggered but it's just half arsed witchcraft that does nowt apart from cause suffering. I don't get it. And the above are just the tip of the iceberg.

Humans.

I saw a programme About the northern White rhino that is the only surviving male and too old to reproduce naturally and the idf technique was being used as a last option= http://www.radio.cz/en/section/panorama/czech-wildlife-experts-turn-to-ivf-in-desperate-last-ditch-attempt-to-save-northern-white-rhino

It will warm up a lot sooner if Russia does not stop invading Eastern Europe.

That made me smile, until I realised it was actually a bit close to the bone.

That made me smile, until I realised it was actually a bit close to the bone.

Putin is a loose cannon .

The planet will survive just fine...

The biggest threat to the planet is unthinking, unbridled CAPITALISM :rant:

Man - we are the worst thing that ever happened here and im including the rock that killed the dinos off too