Full moon and pets ??

We have had our rescue dog a couple of months and I have to say yesterday and today (a 100% full moon last night) his behaviour has been a little odd

Is it just me or does your dog / cat / hamster do weird stuff at this time?

Our dog is one of the most chilled dogs I know but was properly stroppy with another dog yesterday. And this morning on our play walk - during which he is usually fully focussed on me and the frisbee - he just set off running. No recall. Not even a glance back until he was virtually out of sight, then he turned and ran back

No my two cats were as chilled and idle as ever. Horses were normal too. It was a cracking moon last night though wasn't it?

thanks NewBiz

my understanding is the lighter night time means (i) more active wildlife and this is what some animals pick up on, or (ii) poorer sleep which can make animals grumpy

my missus is convinced there is some primordial effect . . .

thanks NewBiz

my understanding is the lighter night time means (i) more active wildlife and this is what some animals pick up on, or (ii) poorer sleep which can make animals grumpy

my missus is convinced there is some primordial effect . . .

I think there's something quite primeval about a full moon, it can make me restless (I didn't sleep well last night which is unusual for me, and is why I know the cats weren't effected)

It's when you start getting hairy and develop a blood lust though that you need to be careful :o

I slept like a log and so did my Bedlington Terrior but thought i had left an outside light on when i woke up