Wanting to get published? 1-day workshop 23rd July

Whether you've finished a novel or whether you've only just started, at some point, you'll be considering issues around publication. We'll be asking:

What does a literary agent do and do you really need one?

How do you find an agent and how should you make your approach?

What should go in your cover letter and synopsis?

Should you opt for traditional publishing? E-book only?

Should you consider self publishing?

We'll look at the pros and cons of various approaches and there will be practical exercises to help you to make sure you can send your literary baby out into the world with the best possible chance of success. Cost: £40

Details here: http://www.susanelliotwright.co.uk/p/workshops.html

[edited by mod]

Looks like good value to me. £40 for 6 hours of potentially life changing education. People will happily spend that much and more on Sky TV every month but not invest a penny in personal development.

Edited by Ron Blanco

[edited by mod]

Looks like good value to me. £40 for 6 hours of potentially life changing education. People will happily spend that much and more on Sky TV every month but not invest a penny in personal development.

This is so true of some people! And yes, we think it's great value. I wish I'd had access to workshops like this when I was trying to get published. It wouldn't have guaranteed publication, but it would have stopped me making some silly mistakes and may have got me there quicker.

I know we're blowing our own trumpets here, but this workshop really is going to be a cracker. We now have two guest authors, too, and they'll be speaking about their experiences of self-publishing and digital publishing, so between us, we've just about got everything covered. And all for 40 quid!

For some reason, the fabulous Steps to Publication workshop that's comng up this Saturday 23 July has failed to attract as many bookings as we'd hoped, so we're taking the unprecedented step of offering this one-day workshop at the bargain price of just £30. We have such a great day lined up, and we have guest authors Marian Dillon (Looking for Alex, The Lies Between Us) and Bernadette Keeling (Into Dust and other stories) joining us to talk about their experiences of digital publishing and self publishing, respectively. We'll also be discussing traditional publishing, how to approach an agent, and how to write a selling synopsis. Full details:http://www.susanelliotwright.co.uk/p/workshops.html

---------- Post added 21-07-2016 at 17:11 ----------

Reduced price - now £30 (See new post)

Edited by selliot
posted this in a comment by mistake - meant to do a new post!