A final 'goodnight' to Brude

To anybody still here who enjoyed reading the antics of our little hound in years gone by, or enjoyed his photographs with our Rain Rescue fosters, or out on SF walking group walks...

In the early hours of Tuesday morning, we finally said a last 'goodnight' to our fabulous little hound. His legs began to wobble at the beginning of summer, and I knew then that we wouldn't have him for long

We were blessed enough to be able to take him to Scotland with us one last time, to enjoy gentle walks in our local parks, to ride on the model trains at Abbeydale and Rother Valley, to take him camping this summer, and enjoy him being our mad, happy puppy with friends' dogs too

The space at the bottom of our bed is strangely empty. The kitchen floor has lost its magic capacity to make spilt food vanish, and the window in the sitting room now lets in more light

We miss you to bits Brude. Thank you so much for your last two days, pretending nothing was wrong. I love how you strutted like a youngster on our last walk together. It was an honour to have you for our hound

Goodnight xxxxx

I am so sorry to read this, I know how much you loved him, rest easy little man x x x

Oh no, that's so sad. I'm so sorry for your loss Strix. RIP Brude x

Oh you must be completely heartbroken Strix :(I'm so sorry for your loss. He was an incredible dog. Goodnight Brude xx

I am so sorry for your loss Strix he was a lovely dog, one in a million...and as sad as it really is I cant think of Brude without a little smile, its nice to know that he had such a lovely summer :)

My heart bleeds for you Strix, and for the wonderful Brude. I know how raw I still feel after losing Ailsa in 2010. I know you'll have heaps of happy memories of one very special dog and will be thinking of you at this hard time. Big (((hugs)))

sorry for you loss.

sad days :(