Best place to buy tropical fish

Haha! At least it'll be coulorful!

I can recommend Birley moor Garden Centre, although its not one of my favourites.

The Mill at Chesterfield, old Whittington I think, is really good. They are very helpful there and have some really good, unique fish.

Also, I have had fish from Wards Garden Centre at Coal Aston.

Theres a place at Coal Aston which my sister raves about, but I dont know what it is called.

My tank needs a good sort. I have three rather vicious fish in there at the moment, so I need to rehome them before getting some new fish!

I can recommend Birley moor Garden Centre, although its not one of my favourites.

The Mill at Chesterfield, old Whittington I think, is really good. They are very helpful there and have some really good, unique fish.

Also, I have had fish from Wards Garden Centre at Coal Aston.

Theres a place at Coal Aston which my sister raves about, but I dont know what it is called.

My tank needs a good sort. I have three rather vicious fish in there at the moment, so I need to rehome them before getting some new fish!

iv had a look at birley the prices are good the tanks arnt as clean as i would like to see but at least there was no sick dead fish unlike somewhere else.

i dont want to go too far for the fish just because of stress so i think chesterfield might be out

coal aston is not too far so i will have a look there thanks

Hi,

Sorry to sound like a harbinger of doom - but Rams are not friendly. I would even go as far as to say murderous. There are also notoriously finnicky about water quality - so will not appreciate a 'fish-in' cycle like you plan. You may not kill them immediately, but a high risk of shortening their lifespan. There are also a lot of different water parameter requirements for the fish you are proposing, and the tank is (or will be when grown) too small for all of them.

Best to do a fishless cycle as suggested, maybe even get some mature media from someone here to speed up the process, get it started now in a bucket even (its the filter you mature rather than the tank) if you're worried about decorating.

thanks for that floyd iv been put off the rams anyway, all the fish i want are to nasty to go in the tank.

so as per floyds idea is any one near s13 going to be doing a filter change in about 2 weeks, maybe a bit sooner if i can finish the decorating faster