Owls - Who was your greatest ever keeper?

Have to say also that Alan Kelly in the one sided cup semi was awesome, one of the best single GK performances ever.

So one sided you beat us in extra time by one goal, enough I know, but it was still only one goal.

I remember Ron Springett, used to wear a yellow jumper as was the preserve of capped goalkeepers at that time, all the Owls fans used to chuck oranges at him. That was it really

So one sided you beat us in extra time by one goal, enough I know, but it was still only one goal.

I remember Ron Springett, used to wear a yellow jumper as was the preserve of capped goalkeepers at that time, all the Owls fans used to chuck oranges at him. That was it really

Ok it wasn't one sided you nearly won :hihi::hihi::loopy::loopy:

Guest sibon

It was the most comprehensive 2-1 win ever.

Did you see the game?

It was the most comprehensive 2-1 win ever.

Did you see the game?

"Ever" you have to laugh :hihi::hihi:

I was there, and unless you know something I don"t I recall it being 2-1. You can scream and shout all you want but it was still only 2-1

Now Man City......:loopy:

"Ever" you have to laugh :hihi::hihi:

I was there, and unless you know something I don"t I recall it being 2-1. You can scream and shout all you want but it was still only 2-1

Now Man City......:loopy:

Being there you will also have squirmed for the entire 90mins watching your limited team getting torn apart for the majority of the game, so not only 2-1.

If i remember correctly the only time a goalkeeper changed from green was when on international duty.

---------- Post added 23-10-2014 at 08:45 ----------

Ron and Hodgy stand way above the rest, having said that Sheffield has been spoilt for keepers.

Pressman's the best owls keeper i've seen (with Springett just before my time), maybe he just pulled out his best performances against the blades though (he rarely had a less than excellent derby game that I can remember) - whether he was like that the rest of the time I don't know.

For us, Alan Kelly was exceptional, Simon Tracey was really good too (and had he not got injured on the top flight debut when Ian Rush injured him he could've had a much better career)...but it's a shame that potentially our best keeper of the last 25 years, Mel Rees, never got the chance to have a long career with us.

What happened to Lee Grant? He looked like he could've gone on to big things, where is he now? I think Westwood is arguably the best owls keeper since Pressman, and if he stays a while could take on such a legendary status...

If i remember correctly the only time a goalkeeper changed from green was when on international duty.

That's correct, yellow was for England only. I believe that although the vast majority wore green, red was permitted. I seem to remember Tony Macedo wearing red.

Pressman's the best owls keeper i've seen (with Springett just before my time), maybe he just pulled out his best performances against the blades though (he rarely had a less than excellent derby game that I can remember) - whether he was like that the rest of the time I don't know.

For us, Alan Kelly was exceptional, Simon Tracey was really good too (and had he not got injured on the top flight debut when Ian Rush injured him he could've had a much better career)...but it's a shame that potentially our best keeper of the last 25 years, Mel Rees, never got the chance to have a long career with us.

What happened to Lee Grant? He looked like he could've gone on to big things, where is he now? I think Westwood is arguably the best owls keeper since Pressman, and if he stays a while could take on such a legendary status...

Lee Grant was good for us he's back at Derby now who are obviously doing well, he was in the wilderness at Burnley for a while.

I'm sure Springett played some games in yellow, had to be an England international ?

Ron Springett was the best goalie I've ever seen. I saw him every game, and that was a lot of games. Better than Shilton and better than Banks over a full season. Alan Hodgkinson was unlucky being around at the same time as Ron. Hodgy would have been Englands 'keeper for some time otherwise. Best Owls 'keeper since Ron?...............Pressman without a doubt.