Owls - Who was your greatest ever keeper?

Just thinking about what Sibon and a few others said about Kelly in the Cup semi final and how he played a blinder, I just wondered who you lot thought was your best keeper of all times.

The only reason I ask mainly is Kevin Pressman. I bloody hated that man with a passion because he always had a blinder against us. I used to call him putty hands because he got to everything and it stuck! :hihi:

I can only just remember seeing ron springett play who many say was our best keeper,but on games seen it has to be pressman,and yes he always seemed to play a blinder against united.

Guest sibon

We've had a string of really good keepers. We'll have to wait for Jim to give us the lowdown on the Springetts.

Pressman was an amazing keeper. Very agile for such a big bloke.

Only a loan, but Scott Carson was a class act for us too.

Westwood looks like he'll be up there with the very best. He's very assured.

Anyone except for Woods or Srnicek really:)

Guest sibon
Ola Tinman

d

martin hodge got to be your best goal keeper. Especially when steve ogrizovic knocked one past him taking a goal kick, comedy gold :hihi:

I wonder if anyone can get it on youtube :hihi:

Guest sibon
martin hodge got to be your best goal keeper. Especially when steve ogrizovic knocked one past him taking a goal kick, comedy gold :hihi:

I wonder if anyone can get it on youtube :hihi:

Good cricketer Ogrizovic.

It's got to be Ron. At one time I thought he was invincible. He would probably be considered too small these days as would Alan Hodgkinson, another truly great keeper.

Give them a pair of those modern massive gloves and they'd both walk into today's England team although I must say Joe is improving.

Pressman whenever he played against the MIGHTY.

If not for Kelly in the FA Cup semi final we would have lost 6-1 and when we beat you 3-1 at the Lane when Browns volley flew into the net it would have been 8-1 if not for the heroics of Pressman

it would have been 8-1 if not for the heroics of Pressman

or all his pies blocking up the net?

Lee Grant!!!!!!

Being of a certain age, I can give an informed view that Ron Springett was the best keeper I have seen play for Wednesday, his brother Peter was useful as well, but I would put Kevin Pressman at number two based on games I saw him play against us.

For the Blades I've been watching since the time of Ted Burgin and would put Hodgy and Kelly as joint equal. Treacy and McAllister were terrific as well but Hodgy and Ned just edge it for me.

I had the pleasure of meeting Alan Kelly at his home and spending some time chatting one on one with him.

A gentleman with no 'side' and deserving of the adulation he received from Blades.