Found stray cat S12 area?

Hey,

We've recently been getting a tabby and white long haired cat visiting our garden, quite a big cat but he/she looks really dirty and extremely skinny with no collar that we can see. We have other cats who are usually on the garden and therefore either chase the cat away or stop it from coming off the top of the fence to start with. Tonight we saw it close up, got our cats inside and put a few biscuits out for it to hopefully get something to eat, but it did run off the garden and wouldn't come near us.

I just wondered if anyone in the Frecheville area had a tabby and white cat that is out most of the day, or has a neighbour etc that they think it could belong to. Or thinks they have seen this cat.

I know we need to get hold of it to check for a microchip or a collar. Or get a picture to post on here or wherever.

We don't know what to do, just feel so sorry for the poor thing!

I also saw this on the RSPCA lost website bit and wondered if this could be the cat...

''9655 11/03/2015 Tabby and White S12

Adult entire tom, unfriendly, not microchipped, wearing a collar (blue).''

I just wish we could see a picture of it!

Edited by Valentine1
adding additional info

might be worth empailing rspca quoting the number on the advert. if you can get a photo of the cat even better.

might be worth empailing rspca quoting the number on the advert. if you can get a photo of the cat even better.

I'll email them tomorrow night, and try and get a picture in the mean time. I can't see it happening because it's so timid but it usually comes around a few times a day so there's a slight chance.

If you contact Cat Protection League they will provide you with a trap, stick some smelly fish such as sardine in and you will catch it and then you or CPL can have it checked at a vet for microchip

If you contact Cat Protection League they will provide you with a trap, stick some smelly fish such as sardine in and you will catch it and then you or CPL can have it checked at a vet for microchip

Oh, that's great. I didn't know they did that thanks. Although, I'm a little worried it could not be a stray and they take it away and someone is missing their cat!

Hi

When did you start seeing the tabby cat? Our tabby has just gone missing but only since Monday 20 th

Edited by denise2511
add picture

Hi

When did you start seeing the tabby cat? Our tabby has just gone missing but was from monday 20th April. email me den1969@o2.co.uk

It has been a few weeks that we've been seeing this cat, I've just seen him again for the first time in a few days and rang cats protection to arrange a trap. Would you be able to upload a photo so I can check it isn't yours?

Hi got your mail. tried to reply but don't think it was successful. not sure how you put pics on here. not used it before. help?

---------- Post added 25-04-2015 at 22:03 ----------

Hi managed to get a pic on my profile. is this any help?

---------- Post added 25-04-2015 at 22:05 ----------

Hi got your mail. tried to reply but don't think it was successful. not sure how you put pics on here. not used it before. help?

---------- Post added 25-04-2015 at 22:03 ----------

---------- Post added 25-04-2015 at 22:05 ----------

Hi, I haven't sent an email to you? So I'd be careful if you open any links etc on it because it isn't me!

Also, that isn't the cat we've seen. I hope you find your cat soon though and we'll keep an eye out incase we find him!