Please help find Shadow, husky dog, lost S36 area

Please can everyone keep an eye out for this beautiful boy, missing since 7th November whilst out on a walk, Whitwell woods, Stocksbridge, S36 area. Last seen heading along Mortimer Road towards Strines.

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=78024#.VGOj4dogGK0

#FindShadow on Facebook

circulating on twitter.....SHADOW Husky MISSING http://bit.ly/1zHLVuz #WhitwellMoor nr #Stocksbridge #Bolsterstone #S36 Plz RT

Poor thing, I often walk up around there so have been keeping an eye out for him, hope he's found soon but from up there he could be on the other side of the Peak by now :(

bumping, no sign or sighting of Shadow since he went missing despite lots of people still searching. Please keep you eyes open near and far, pounds and rescues.

He appears to be chipped on the doglost poster.

Surly / becm

Edited by becm
2 logins on different computers!

BTTT - was out at Broomhead over the weekend and saw loads of posters for Shadow, hope he is found soon :(

hope he is found soon. will post on fb and keep an eye out :)

I think they are hoping he is still in the area or around the resevoirs. I'm not sure how long a Husky can or would remain hidden for.

I've just seen on FB that there is a possible sighting of a Husky around Thurgoland/Oxspring/Blackmoor.

Update!! Yesterday following the press release, had a call regarding a sighting of a husky, fitting Shadows description thin looking and looking like it had been living rough! This was between Old Mill Road and Blackmoor on the Trans Pennine Trail (TPT), Thurgoland area!

We followed up on the area of the sighting and whilst walking a track parallel to the TPT, eyes were spotted in the distance by torch light, it's movements and speed were that of a large dog trotting across the fields, curious of the bright light but keeping its distance it was not a fox as the wall it followed was still too high even where it was broken and lower, Grant set off across the field but it had moved off, Concerned I was on my own we regrouped and decided to go back together to speak with the farmers/home owners the dog was heading for, to make sure it was not just returning home, none of the owners had let their dog out or had dogs, which added to the idea, this dog was not that local, farmer also said he doesn't see dogs roaming around normally.

Managed to speak to a Game Keeper from the area too who said he would keep an eye out and leaving contact details for them to follow up with any sightings, unusual killing of livestock etc etc.

On leaving the area, we had a second report from a dog walker, that her dog was highly wound up and barking like never normally would, the area she described was where we had spotted this large dog earlier.

We have tonight heard of a further possible sighting still on the TPT, this will be confirmed and followed up tomorrow.

It would be great to cover the TPT better so if anyone fancies a new dog walk route or just help searching,

There is a search planned and they are looking for volunteers.

Urgently Needed to assist in an organised search of the Black Moor area!

We need 20 volunteers to assist - we need the area ringed and all tracks covered at the same time aiming for the centre of the area!

Please put name below if you can assist - this is hopefully going ahead asap!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10518985_683437181772410_1512116077422566477_n.jpg?oh=6ecb4529fe90044533593daec8a3ae7e&oe=553FE1CD&__gda__=1427407915_d47177551d194326e578899442aefdc5

This dog has been found in Chesterfield, I think it has different markings to your dog, but thought better to post and let you decide.

Edited by Autumn1
needed to add comment

Doesn't look like the same dog sadly :(

I did a long walk around Whitwell Moor on Saturday, kept an eye out for him in case he'd gone back to where he got lost but saw nothing

Have you distributed flyers to the local farms and stuff??

There's quite a few sheep farms up that way, if your dog gets hungry you don't want it going for sheep and getting shot.

I think there's a stables near Wortley as well, you should pop in there and talk to people.

Someone out riding a horse might have seen him??