Pub of the Year 2014

The service in Shakespeare's is by far the best of those 3 pubs. Excellent service in fact.

My thoughts exactly. Was gonna post to that effect earlier - service in shakey is second to none.

I want to like the service in brewpuppy (not that camra would give them the award!), but find it slightly frustrating - they clearly have knowledge and can offer some good advice, but are a bit corporate. I suppose they're not gonna be allowed to say a beer on offer is rubbish, but it can be hard to get impartial info on a beer. Then again tasters freely available...

I forgot to vote - again. As did my friends who are local CAMRA members.

If I had voted I probably would have voted Sheffield Tap, and then any number of other pubs depending on my mood that week. I do think it's a shame KIT keeps winning (tho I quite like it) as it would be good to showcase other pubs.

Also, while I like Anglers Rest, have always wondered how it can be in "Sheffield District" as it's miles away.

Right, off to the pub ...............

It is down to members to vote......

also note to be on the pub of the year voting paper in the first place it has to have either won a pub of the month award or a place in the Good Beer Guide.

Members can now vote for pub of the month online, the form for new nominations can also be downloaded from the website - http://www.sheffieldcamra.org.uk.

The Anglers Rest at Millers Dale is in the Sheffield & District branch of CAMRA (just), that part of Derbyshire doesn't have enough active members to get its own branch!

All true - "Active Members" by the way. Are there some in-active members :-0

I'll vote next year, get my TEAM active and topple the KIT, We Are The Silent Few haha :-) - you do a great Job Andy C promoting the local ale scene and festivals, and doubt you are appreciated much, but keep it up.

No mention of The Sheaf View? Not been in Shef for a while - has it gone downhill?

No, sheaf View is still cracking. Really can't see how some of those places like Fat Cat make the a-list but Sheaf doesn't. It can't be far off the best pub in Sheffield really.

No mention of The Sheaf View? Not been in Shef for a while - has it gone downhill?

Sheaf View is still as good as ever and came 8th in the Pub of the Year competition this year.

Probably gets far fewer voting members visiting cos it's neither central, nor in the valley of beer, nor does it have a former camra chairman on the staff ;-)

It's my local, and takes my beer, so I can't really fault it!

I reckon Sheffield CAMRA have an unhealthy obsession with the place!

Don't get me wrong, it's a great pub, and in a lot of places really would walk over the competition, but with Sheffield's world-class pub scene (especially in the Valley of Beer!) can any pub really be 10 times better than the nearest rival??

agree :):loopy:

Probably gets far fewer voting members visiting cos it's neither central, nor in the valley of beer, nor does it have a former camra chairman on the staff ;-)

Agree but (haven`t looked but from memory) the Blake and Rising Sun did well.

The said former chairman isn't one of the judges and has one vote like any other member....

After starting this thread a few weeks ago, I have decided that the correct answer was:-

1) Shakespeares - clearly.

2) The Broadfield - always something exciting to sup and what a success.

3) Sheaf View - almost always has something exciting to sup.

4) Harlequin - as above but further from my house.

5) Rutland - very good ales. Bit costly and shonky barkeeps tho.

*the above are correct as at 6.30pm today.