Staffie savages its owner to death

It seems these days that staffy attacks on people are so common that they're not newsworthy enough to be reported but I was shocked by this story.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woman-aged-43-found-mauled-3901977

"A woman has been mauled to death in her home by her pet dog.

Louise Caygill, 43, was killed by her Staffordshire bull terrier in her flat.

Her body was found on Sunday and at first police treated her death as ‘unexplained’, the Liverpool ECHO reports.

But detailed post mortem tests have concluded that she died from “multiple dog bites”.

The animal has been put down.

Merseyside Police investigating the death in the Old Swan area of Liverpool have informed her relatives.

A spokesman for the force confirmed: “Merseyside Police can confirm that a post-mortem to establish the cause of death has provisionally concluded that she died of multiple dog bites, pending the results of toxicology and other tests.

“A Staffordshire bull terrier belonging to the woman was seized by officers from the property and was destroyed.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woman-aged-43-found-mauled-3901977#ixzz38TM6YiEP

This proves the old staffy apologists myth of "blame the owner not the dog" is rubbish. Far from being the typical chav you might expect to own a staffy, a neighbour said of the victim "I just can’t believe that she is dead. She was a good-looking girl as well. She was very pretty. She was such a nice person. She said that she liked to travel and she would go to the poor countries."

Isn't it time this dangerous breed was banned for good?

Are you sure this is a 'pure bred' Staffordshire, and not one crossed with a pit bull, or some other mastiff.

I am very sorry for this women, its terrible. What a dreadful thing to happen to anybody. I cannot imagine much worse to be honest.

But, I find it almost impossible to believe that this could have been a pure Staffordshire bull terrier. I am simply shocked, if this is the case.

This proves the old staffy apologists myth of "blame the owner not the dog" is rubbish.

As rubbish as...

She was a good-looking girl as well. She was very pretty.

Even ugly "typical chav's" don't deserve to be mauled to death.

As rubbish as...

Even ugly "typical chav's" don't deserve to be mauled to death.

No, its must be a truly awful death

No, its must be a truly awful death

Can you edit the "As rubbish as..." bit please Glennis.:hihi:

Can you edit the "As rubbish as..." bit please Glennis.:hihi:

Hey, I cannot seem to get back to it - not sure what has gone wrong. :o

This proves the old staffy apologists myth of "blame the owner not the dog" is rubbish. Far from being the typical chav you might expect to own a staffy, a neighbour said of the victim "I just can’t believe that she is dead. She was a good-looking girl as well. She was very pretty. She was such a nice person. She said that she liked to travel and she would go to the poor countries."

Not really. We know nothing about how this dog was bred treated or trained nor what triggered the attack.

What the looks of the woman have to do with anything, I really don't know.

It seems these days that staffy attacks on people are so common that they're not newsworthy enough to be reported but I was shocked by this story.

Her body was found on Sunday and at first police treated her death as ‘unexplained’, the Liverpool ECHO reports.

But detailed post mortem tests have concluded that she died from “multiple dog bites”.

Merseyside Police investigating the death in the Old Swan area of Liverpool have informed her relatives.

A spokesman for the force confirmed: “Merseyside Police can confirm that a post-mortem to establish the cause of death has provisionally concluded that she died of multiple dog bites, pending the results of toxicology and other tests.

“A Staffordshire bull terrier belonging to the woman was seized by officers from the property and was destroyed.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woman-aged-43-found-mauled-3901977#ixzz38TM6YiEP

Re my bold.

Try removing your head from deep inside another part of your anatomy and please engage brain before operating keyboard.

The drivel you have posted above is ill informed tosh and beneath contempt!

All breeds are capable of being dangerous, the difference between breeds is down to size and strength... Lets take a little yappie Yorkshire terrier for example! This dog is known to be an aggressive dog but due to it's size it is not seen any kind of threat (unless it nips a child, then the child will know about it) but it won't have you running for cover! But inch for inch the dog can be just as aggressive as lets say a Rottweiler. The Rottweiler will have the advantage due to it's size, it's strength. in both cases of these breeds it is always down to the upbringing and training of the dogs! it is down to the owners... No dog, regardless of size should act out of aggression unless it is given reason to.

And yes, whilst some individual dogs can be naturally aggressive and dangerous, so can people! we call them murders and put them in prisons!!

Re my bold.

Try removing your head from deep inside another part of your anatomy and please engage brain before operating keyboard.

The drivel you have posted above is ill informed tosh and beneath contempt!

So what is it you disagree with about my post. Are you saying the staffy attack didn't happen and that all the news sites reporting it are lying? Was it the owner's fault for letting her dog savage her?

Or like a typical staffy apologist are you sticking your fingers in your ears and refusing to accept the overwhelming evidence about how vicious this breed is? :loopy:

It seems these days that staffy attacks on people are so common that they're not newsworthy enough to be reported

Au contraire, this one was reported.

I notice that this makes less than two deaths by dog a year, according to the Mirror. Since four people on average a year die by accidentally stabbing themselves with a dirty writing implement I think we have much better things to think about - won't someone please think of the children! They are forced to use these lethal implements for scribing at school day in and out and they are in grave peril - every three months someone dies from accidentally stabbing themselves with a pen. It's monstrous and shouldnt be allowed etc etc insert random hyperbole here etc.....

So what is it you disagree with about my post. Are you saying the staffy attack didn't happen and that all the news sites reporting it are lying? Was it the owner's fault for letting her dog savage her?

Or like a typical staffy apologist are you sticking your fingers in your ears and refusing to accept the overwhelming evidence about how vicious this breed is? :loopy:

Staffordshire bull terriers are actually loving, loyal dogs but as all breeds they can become dangerous due to many reasons. Their powerful jaws and muscly necks and shoulders give them an advantage but the breed itself is not dangerous...

Unfortunately some breeds 'look the part' and are not given the correct training and attention they need by their owners and fall into the wrong hands, a lot of people don't understand the breed and therefore they can become out of control AS CAN ANY BREED.