Vauxall corsa 2009 help

Hi guys just wondering if there any experts out there. My timing chain seems to be going on my car. However vauxall are saying that a timing chain should not go on the car if it has been serviced on time etc. my car is out of warranty so therefore I am making a claim as my car has been serviced on time etc. they asked for a copy of my service history book and now asking for the receipt of all the services and part numbers. But i don't have any of them only have a receipt of the service which the garage has been doing for.

The car has always been mot and serviced correctly and have all the stamps and mot papers. Any advice on what to do will be appreciated.

Regards

Unfortunately my advice would be to get another garage to change the chain and swallow the cost. It's a common failure and the parts are easily available.

Expired warranty claims are a road to nowhere IMO, I got burnt last year in a similar situation where they would only pay a % of the repair bill which at main dealer prices was dearer than paying an independent to do the whole job.

If not, the garages that did the servicing should be able to provide copies of the invoices, but remember, if the servicing wasn't done at a vauxhall dealer the chances of a goodwill repair are practically nil.

I don't understand why they are being so funny about it. If they don't charge daft prices on getting a car serviced then people will use them. All my mot has been done through dealer so surely if there was anything wrong with my service they would find out

They want proof of servicing because anyone could fake a service book. They need part numbers as proof its been serviced using genuine parts, you cant expect any car manufacture to honour any warranty or any out of warranty gesture of good will, if its been serviced back street using mickey mouse parts.

Also what's the mot got to do with it?

Get it done ASAP or the damage it will cause will cost you £100's. It went on our corsa and it cost loads to repair the engine. The timing chain is relatively cheap compared to the damage caused when it breaks.