Another good forum user lost- RIP Wallbuilder *funeral details added*

I'm not sure if it's really my place to write this, but I'm not sure who else's it would be.

I know WallBuilder (Roy), is a regular name popping up on the forum so felt some of you will know him or feel as though you do.

Sadly, I have just found out that Roy passed in his sleep - it is thought on Thursday.

I don't have any further details and it's a huge shock to those of us who knew him as he was always busy, walked everywhere and a larger than life chap.

He recently lost his lovely old dog Max, and I'm sure the two are now reunited.

So sorry to anyone who knew him and is reading this news for the first time. My heart goes out to all of his friends and family.

RIP Roy - you were a top bloke.

Thanks for posting this. What sad news. I met Roy a few times and we worked together on the rock reunited project for several years where we posted pictures of the regulars who visited Rebels, Penthouse and other rock venues in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

Many people in those days (1980) knew him as "Andy's Dad" and he worked part time in the KGB club which used to be put on in the Ballroom of the Abbeydale Picture House before it became a snooker club.

He was a shy man and didn't feel that he could come to regular SF meets, but he was a regular poster and persuaded me to join SF in the first place. Ten years ago in 2004.

Despite what I say, I didn't know him that well. He preferred to communicate by email or PM. But he was always walking around woodseats and abbeydale with his Black Dog Max. That's how I remember him.

Rock on mate! Rest in Peace.

It is still up and here is a picture of Roy when he was a younger man stood by a Ford Cortina. On the first page. He's the one with the glasses on the Right Hand Side of the picture with a timing gun in his hand.

http://www.rockreunited.co.uk/

Edited by muddycoffee
Rock Reunited

I've just heard this news from a mutual friend

Wallbuilder was one of the first people I used to chat to regularly on SF. We both found it a little bit strange that we'd probably been in the same pubs and clubs numerous times in a previous age, and would probably have recognised each other by sight, if not to actually talk to. During the time we spent so much time chatting on SF, we never actually met either. His use of SF all but ceased, and sometimes I missed our chats...

... then some years later we had the kitchen refitted, and I was selling the old appliances. Somebody messed me about for about a week over collecting an item, then out of the blue, Wallbuilder messaged me to ask if it was still available. He and a friend came to collect, so I finally got to meet the lovely guy who had played a big part in making me feel like part of SF :)

I'm so happy you and Max are back together WB. Give him a big ear scruffle from me :)

Wallbuilder was a top bloke. I had the pleasure of working alongside him when I chaired a disability group, he was my vice-chair. An all-round smashing bloke.

I'm stunned at the news. As Lottie says, I'm sure he's now reunited with his beautiful big old dog, Max. (or as I nicknamed him, "the Maximum Dog!")

Wallbuilder was always one of those forum users that could be relied upon to be helpful, supportive and friendly to those in need. I never met Roy in real life, but exchanged many emails with him and he went out of his way to help us to develop things which made forum browsing easier and simpler.

My heartfelt condolences go out to everybody who will grieve for Roy's loss.

Terrible news. I never met him but he always came across on SF as helpful and genuine.

Very sad.

Very sad news. Condolences to family and friends. RIP Roy.

One of the old-timers in here. Though I hadn't seen him around for a while.

RIP Wallbuilder.

He was still active very recently *_ash_*

He was a really decent genuine guy. Always made balanced sensible contributions. I liked him a great deal.

He'll be sadly missed.