Older folk need kisses and cuddles too

I'm in my late 60s, been on my own for over 4 years since losing my wife of 30 happy years.

We never needed friends so, now I am alone, I don't have any friends as such.

O what I would do to find a lady friend, to get together for a couple of hours ever so often, just a bit of closeness.

Looked at dating sites but seem to only have members who want soul mates, or younger ladies.

For me, age, looks, size don't matter but doubt I will ever find who I am looking for.

I'm in my late 60s, been on my own for over 4 years since losing my wife of 30 happy years.

O what I would do to find a lady friend, to get together for a couple of hours ever so often, just a bit of closeness.

Looked at dating sites but seem to only have members who want soul mates, or younger ladies.

For me, age, looks, size don't matter but doubt I will ever find who I am looking for.

A soul mate's a start innit? Steer away from dating sites. You'll probably meet more ladies going to bingo night...you might win and score at the same time, and there's nothing the matter with younger ladies..they could introduce you to their mum. ;)

Axus.

We all need friends.

Get yourself a small/medium dog, that will get you out of the house, help to keep you fit n healthy. The rest is up to you.

By axis #1: We never needed friends so, now I am alone

Marriage doesn't exclude having friends and it is a good thing for each to have their own and to make an effort in cultivating them. It will be hard for you as you are not used to socializing but with practise it will get better. If you have a number of interests, that might be a way of getting out and about and meeting new people. I wish you well and hope that in time you will have some new friends to share your life with. Sadly, this is a warning to all married couples who feel it isn't necessary to have a life outside of each other.

I have a thing for a older lady 14 years my senior,I'm 49 but too scared to tell her!

Get a small dog or get a cat.

I have a thing for a older lady 14 years my senior,I'm 49 but too scared to tell her!

I haven't read enough of your posts MAC33 to be able to tell if you're just messing about. Seriously though, tell her! You could both be dead tomorrow. Even if she turns you down, you'll have put a smile on her face :)

Yep it gets harder to find someone as you get older, they seem to be all married or just pyschos that nobody else wants hence why they are not married.

Get yourself a small/medium dog, that will get you out of the house, help to keep you fit n healthy. The rest is up to you.

That is so true.

I'm not a dog person but for some reason my daughter's two dogs (a labrador and a yorkypoo) go mad for a stroke when I visit.

When we take them for a walk almost everyone will stop for a chat or say hello which doesn't happen without the dogs.

PS yorkypoo= fancy name and price for what was called a mongrel!!

Hi Axus,

I think there are an awful lot of ladies out there who are also looking for male companionship but who aren't necessarily looking for marriage or 'soulmates.' (That might happen but I think it has to evolve naturally.) But they aren't going to come knocking on your door. Just as it was when you were younger, it's still about getting out there and getting involved in your community.

So jump in and perhaps join a few clubs that reflect your interests. Make friends, and the rest might follow.

Good luck and best wishes.