Home > General > General Discussions

Reply To Topic

11-10-2009, 21:11   #41
retep

Total Posts: 7,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanerothyme View Post
reptep dude, you're spluttering!
Not as much as you you cant even get my name right, must be the dodgy gear your using.
_______
Death keeps no calendar or return tickets.
11-10-2009, 21:18   #42
Phanerothyme
Psychenaut

Total Posts: 16,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by retep View Post
Not as much as you you cant even get my name right, must be the dodgy gear your using.
Spelling flame: last refuge of the mentally incontinent
_______
SWYgeW91IGNvdWxkIGhlYXIsIGF0IGV2ZXJ5IGpvbHQsIHRoZS BibG9vZA0KQ29tZSBnYXJnbGluZyBmcm9tIHRoZSBmcm90aC1j b3JydXB0ZWQgbHVuZ3MsDQpPYnNjZW5lIGFzIGNhbmNlciwgYm l0dGVyIGFzIHRoZSBjdWQNCk9mIHZpbGUsIGluY3VyYWJsZSBz b3JlcyBvbiBpbm5vY2VudCB0b25ndWVzLOKAlA==
11-10-2009, 21:50   #43
retep

Quote:
Spelling flame: last refuge of the mentally incontinent
Sh-te retort: last resort from the weak in the head. you really must try harder.
_______
11-10-2009, 22:10   #44
Wildcat
Bread and Roses

Total Posts: 14,284
Quote:
Tying to hide the UAF thugs under a BNP blanket wont wash, here you go 35 seconds in,
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/8300431.stm

I'm still laughing, your attempts at googling are getting frantic.
Looking back at their origins we know they are not interested in peaceful protest. Their origins come from trying to transform genuine protests in favour of our troops in to a fascist parade.

As the original organiser put it :

“How do people make the link between respecting our troops and a fascist parade? It’s pitiful. We had invited people from all corners of the community. Including Muslim leaders. These people call themselves patriotic and proud to be British but I wonder what they have ever really done for our country? It makes me sad that they seem to have a copyright on the Union Jack. If they want to come to Luton to have a fight they need to have a look at their sad lives.”

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/news/a...rusader-at-bay

Who are EDL?

Quote:
Tommy Robinson: Robinson – the name is a pseudonym – is from Luton and has emerged as the leader of the EDL in recent weeks. Close to Alan Lake, Robinson, 28, claims to be a carpenter and father of two. He established the United People of Luton to counter the protest of a group of Muslim anti-war protesters at the home of soldiers from the Anglian Regiment.

Jeff Marsh: A 44-year-old convicted football hooligan from Barry, South Wales, Marsh is a Cardiff supporter and has been jailed three times for violence, including a two-year sentence for stabbing two Manchester United fans. He claims to have a degree in criminal justice and has written a book on Welsh hooliganism. He set up the English and Welsh Defence League but appears to be less influential in the current EDL. He attended the protest in Birmingham.

Chris Renton: A BNP activist from Weston-super-Mare, Renton helped set up the EDL website. When his political links to the BNP emerged the EDL publicly distanced itself from him but he remains an important player behind the scenes. He attended the recent Birmingham protest. His brother is also involved.

Leisha Brooks: From Southend, Brooks appeared to play an organising role in the Birmingham demonstration, though she did have a pair of knuckledusters confiscated by police on the day. She is friendly with underworld figures such as Dave Courtney, Carlton Leech and Mitch Pyle, son of the gangster Joey Pyle, and also knows Jason Marriner, a Chelsea Headhunter hooligan made famous by the television documentary series, MacIntyre Undercover.

Trevor Kelway: A Portsmouth-based EDL supporter, Kelway has become a spokesperson for the EDL. In interviews to the press he has pursued the line that the EDL was a peaceful, non-racist organisation. The address he uses for the media traces back to an Afro-Caribbean hairdressers’ in Birmingham.

Davy Cooling: A 26-year-old known Luton football hooligan who now lives in Daventry, Cooling originates from Northern Ireland. He is a BNP member and registered his interest in attending the BNP’s Red, White and Blue festival in August. Cooling administers the Luton EDL Facebook page.

Joel Titus: Aged 18, Titus is of mixed race and comes from Harrow, North London. He is an Arsenal supporter though attends Brentford home games. However, he boasted on his Facebook page that he took part in the recent West Ham and Millwall clashes. He has been able to draw in Arsenal and QPR hooligans to EDL activities. He runs the English Defence Youth and is paraded to the media as proof of their non-racist agenda.

Richard Price: An Aston Villa fan, Price was a leading figure in the most recent EDL protest in Birmingham. Aged 39, he claims to be subject to a football banning order and has served time in HMP Ranby. He has attended EDL protests in Birmingham and London.
http://kirkunity.blogspot.com/2009/1...eadership.html

Some more about them:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/6284...ed-spread.html

They look like the sort of people any right minded person would want to protest against. Especially when they are bringing their brand of hooliganism on to the doorsteps of muslim communities, in the same way the British union of Fascists did to the Jews. The parallels so marked and the people so nasty it is little wonder some people get carried away in the enthusiasm of the protest.

The Manchester Police thanked the majority for behaving peaceably at the protests.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...._in_manchester

Even the BNP have distanced themselves from EDL in characteristic Nazi form blaming them on a Zionist\Jewish plot.
http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/blog/a...onists-for-EDL
_______
Disobedience, in the eyes of any one who has read history, is man's original virtue. It is through disobedience that progress has been made, through disobedience & through rebellion. Oscar Wilde
Toushstone blog
11-10-2009, 22:21   #45
retep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Looking back at their origins we know they are not interested in peaceful protest. Their origins come from trying to transform genuine protests in favour of our troops in to a fascist parade.

As the original organiser put it :

“How do people make the link between respecting our troops and a fascist parade? It’s pitiful. We had invited people from all corners of the community. Including Muslim leaders. These people call themselves patriotic and proud to be British but I wonder what they have ever really done for our country? It makes me sad that they seem to have a copyright on the Union Jack. If they want to come to Luton to have a fight they need to have a look at their sad lives.”

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/news/a...rusader-at-bay

Who are EDL?

http://kirkunity.blogspot.com/2009/1...eadership.html

Some more about them:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/6284...ed-spread.html

They look like the sort of people any right minded person would want to protest against. Especially when they are bringing their brand of hooliganism on to the doorsteps of muslim communities, in the same way the British union of Fascists did to the Jews. The parallels so marked and the people so nasty it is little wonder some people get carried away in the enthusiasm of the protest.

The Manchester Police thanked the majority for behaving peaceably at the protests.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...._in_manchester

Even the BNP have distanced themselves from EDL in characteristic Nazi form blaming them on a Zionist\Jewish plot.
http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/blog/a...onists-for-EDL

Frantically googling again I see, trying to cover the arrest of one of your UAF thugs .
_______
11-10-2009, 22:29   #46
Phanerothyme
Psychenaut

Total Posts: 16,407
Reptep can refute all this of course.... it's just that she can't be bothered.
_______
SWYgeW91IGNvdWxkIGhlYXIsIGF0IGV2ZXJ5IGpvbHQsIHRoZS BibG9vZA0KQ29tZSBnYXJnbGluZyBmcm9tIHRoZSBmcm90aC1j b3JydXB0ZWQgbHVuZ3MsDQpPYnNjZW5lIGFzIGNhbmNlciwgYm l0dGVyIGFzIHRoZSBjdWQNCk9mIHZpbGUsIGluY3VyYWJsZSBz b3JlcyBvbiBpbm5vY2VudCB0b25ndWVzLOKAlA==
11-10-2009, 22:30   #47
Aim4

Total Posts: 768
Quote:
Frantically googling again I see, trying to cover the arrest of one of your UAF thugs .
Oh its ok for THEM to be violent because THEY have 'RIGHT' on THERE side!
11-10-2009, 22:31   #48
Wildcat
Bread and Roses

Total Posts: 14,284
Quote:
If you recall, it is you that are the one trying to cover up for having used a far right John Birch society source to misrepresent the views of the US public.
_______
Disobedience, in the eyes of any one who has read history, is man's original virtue. It is through disobedience that progress has been made, through disobedience & through rebellion. Oscar Wilde
Toushstone blog
11-10-2009, 22:34   #49
Teabag

Total Posts: 1,337
Getting back to the question

Think Tony is wrong on this question and I have a lot of admiration for Tony on many points

The problem is that GB has probably missed the boat on the Euro. We should have gone in when the other countries changed.

Last year I went over to Ireland and the changes there have been terrific and most of the positive changes are due to EU money and the Euro has not ended democracy or any other bogeyman scares that surround any national change.

The Euro has and will always be a political decision not an economic one. Economically we are stuck with sterling, mostly because of the prevailing attitudes at the top very much like the attitudes of the people who have posted on this thread...posters to the left and right of the political spectrum.

Once again we are stuck in the past and because of the recession and the looming prospect of a Tory Govt...the question will not be raised for another 4 to 5 years.

Great shame
11-10-2009, 22:56   #50
retep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
If you recall, it is you that are the one trying to cover up for having used a far right John Birch society source to misrepresent the views of the US public.
No you are trying to use that as a cover for you being wrong, I told you that you could use google to find other examples and even gave you a link to one, there are plenty of examples out there of what the US think of the EU.

You were trying to make out that the EU was a good thing and you gave the US as an example, A totally different kettle of fish as i would think union wasn't forced upon them in the underhand way that it is being forced on the people of the UK.
_______
11-10-2009, 23:02   #51
retep

Quote:
Reptep can refute all this of course.... it's just that she can't be bothered.
Watch that you don't fall off the settee, the floors a million miles down.
_______
11-10-2009, 23:05   #52
Teabag

Quote:
No you are trying to use that as a cover for you being wrong, I told you that you could use google to find other examples and even gave you a link to one, there are plenty of examples out there of what the US think of the EU.

You were trying to make out that the EU was a good thing and you gave the US as an example, A totally different kettle of fish as i would think union wasn't forced upon them in the underhand way that it is being forced on the people of the UK.
I think you will find that in America they fought a Civil War over the issue of the union in the 1870s. Perhaps you could google that.

This country, voted for EU membership in a democratic national referendum in 1972, perhaps that is another one to google.

Perhaps now you could address the real question posed in the title of this thread.

I will of course give you plenty of time to google your response
11-10-2009, 23:10   #53
Aim4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teabag View Post
I think you will find that in America they fought a Civil War over the issue of the union in the 1870s. Perhaps you could google that.

This country, voted for EU membership in a democratic national referendum in 1972, perhaps that is another one to google.

Perhaps now you could address the real question posed in the title of this thread.

Fail. People in Britain had a referendum in 1973 on our membership of the EEC, not the EU.

Is YOUR google on the blink??

Last edited by Aim4; 11-10-2009 at 23:14.
11-10-2009, 23:17   #54
Teabag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim4 View Post
Fail. People in Britain had a referendum in 1973 on our membership of the EEC, not the EU.
Your lot camapigned in 72 and lost. The govts that signed the EU charter went into democratic national elections with that printed in their mainfesto. Your lot lost

Your fighting irrelevant battles, over issues that were resolved over 30 years ago.

The South lost the Civil War and are to my knowledge still part of the US union.

You are a political luddite. The debate has moved on

You arguments are irrelevant and on this issue so is Benn but everyone knows his views have been for the large part out of date for last 30 years
11-10-2009, 23:19   #55
Teabag

72 or 73...you lost then and you will lose gain at any ballot box on the question

Now why is that so difficult to understand

How about getting with the programme and addressing the isse in the thread

Your arguments and your website signature remind me of that Japanese soldier stranded on that Pacific island still fighting the second world war 30 years after it had finished

Move on man

Last edited by Teabag; 11-10-2009 at 23:23.
11-10-2009, 23:22   #56
Crayfish

Total Posts: 4,469
I would rather be governed by the EU than any major UK political party.

Hopefully a continental, and eventually world government can become a reality.

Together we can do more.
_______
I started doing parkour and freerunning aged 24 years. Here's what I'm doing now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi4I5bGOavI
11-10-2009, 23:25   #57
retep

Quote:

No need to google as i'm well aware of the Civil war, they fought for what they got, perhaps it may take another one here to get our liberty's back eventually,
and like another poster has said is your google on the blink.
_______
11-10-2009, 23:26   #58
Teabag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayfish View Post
I would rather be governed by the EU than any major UK political party.

Hopefully a continental, and eventually world government can become a reality.

Together we can do more.
Heartily agree and not forgetting that Europe has not been involved in a major continental war...the EEC and the EU can take some credit for that

Just look at the terrble history of Europe in the 20th century...is that what we want to return to?
11-10-2009, 23:31   #59
Aim4

Quote:
Your lot camapigned in 72 and lost. The govts that signed the EU charter went into democratic national elections with that printed in their mainfesto. Your lot lost

Your fighting irrelevant battles, over issues that were resolved over 30 years ago.

The South lost the Civil War and are to my knowledge still part of the US union.

You are a political luddite. The debate has moved on

You arguments are irrelevant and on this issue so is Benn but everyone knows his views have been for the large part out of date for last 30 years
Not so. It was our entry into the EEC that was the issue 30 years ago.
Now as it happens, although i had my reservations about aspects of the EEC, on the whole i didnt have too much of a problem with it.
The EU on the other-hand, is a completely different kettle of fish; it goes too far; most people dont want a political union with Europe. On this, the debate certernly has not 'moved on'.
11-10-2009, 23:33   #60
Teabag

Quote:
No need to google as i'm well aware of the Civil war, they fought for what they got, perhaps it may take another one here to get our liberty's back eventually,
and like another poster has said is your google on the blink.
Retep are you posting from inside the crocodile?
Reply To Topic