The Fairy Jobmother

This started last night on Ch4 and was, as ever, the usual schedule-filling pap that dominates TV nowadays.

Think some vague 'celebrity' (Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsay, Tranny & Susan, that cleaning nutter, Mary Portas, that 'nanny nutter' etc. etc.) riding into town - or a failing business -, insulting all and sundry, meeting widespread resentment, stating the bleedin' obvious and voila! By the end of the programme, their advice was right after all! Cue tears of gratitude and we all live happily ever after.

The 'star' last night was the execrable Hayley Taylor. She's the self-promoting fat bird from last years 'Benefit Busters'. Her talent, her only talent is to spout tripe and - in case you don't get it - repeat it.

"You can be anything you want to be. You can be anything you want to be!"

This was complete with a diagram of 'Hayley's Road Map', something so patronising that it would get laughed out of kindergarten.

Last nights victims were a young couple - she about 18 but gone to seed since the birth of the ubiquitous bay-bee. He a retard complete with trackie, pair of pitbulls and irretrievably-vacant expression. And what do you know? By the end of the programme, she had work experience at Boots (big deal), and he got a job in a kitchen fitting company (not that his 'interview' would have been in any way influenced by the presence of a film crew, lighting, sound etc. :roll:)

What is it about these self-styled gurus? Paul 'I can make you into whatever you want to be' McKenna. Yeah, but you can't influence the fact that you're bald, wear glasses and can't get a bird.

Taylor last night mentioned that 'it was all about appearance' and told the gormless plank last night that 'I wouldn't employ you, looking like that.'

Der, mirror, love? Taylor is vastly overweight, wears tent-like clothes in a futile effort to hide this, talks with a thick Donnie accent and generally speaks crap.

Expect more of the same. Unemployment will become the new cookery and it will add ammunition to those who will want to spout stuff like "See? If Hayley can turn their lives around, why can't everybody else get jobs?"

Its nice to know someone on benefits gets paid more than the working man.

Your faintly amusing rant would hold more validity for me if you hadm't chosen to pillory her for her weight. Fattist!

I can't see the relevance? Does not being what you consider to be the correct weight have any bearing on whatever skill or talent she's bringing to the programme?

What a lovely positive post. I can't for the life of me imagine how you get through the day with such a negative outlook. But then I wear glasses, am a bit overweight and have high blood pressure so I suppose it's off the gas chamber for me.

This started last night on Ch4 and was, as ever, the usual schedule-filling pap that dominates TV nowadays.

Think some vague 'celebrity' (Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsay, Tranny & Susan, that cleaning nutter, Mary Portas, that 'nanny nutter' etc. etc.) riding into town - or a failing business -, insulting all and sundry, meeting widespread resentment, stating the bleedin' obvious and voila! By the end of the programme, their advice was right after all! Cue tears of gratitude and we all live happily ever after.

The 'star' last night was the execrable Hayley Taylor. She's the self-promoting fat bird from last years 'Benefit Busters'. Her talent, her only talent is to spout tripe and - in case you don't get it - repeat it.

This was complete with a diagram of 'Hayley's Road Map', something so patronising that it would get laughed out of kindergarten.

Last nights victims were a young couple - she about 18 but gone to seed since the birth of the ubiquitous bay-bee. He a retard complete with trackie, pair of pitbulls and irretrievably-vacant expression. And what do you know? By the end of the programme, she had work experience at Boots (big deal), and he got a job in a kitchen fitting company (not that his 'interview' would have been in any way influenced by the presence of a film crew, lighting, sound etc. :roll:)

What is it about these self-styled gurus? Paul 'I can make you into whatever you want to be' McKenna. Yeah, but you can't influence the fact that you're bald, wear glasses and can't get a bird.

Taylor last night mentioned that 'it was all about appearance' and told the gormless plank last night that 'I wouldn't employ you, looking like that.'

Der, mirror, love? Taylor is vastly overweight, wears tent-like clothes in a futile effort to hide this, talks with a thick Donnie accent and generally speaks crap.

Expect more of the same. Unemployment will become the new cookery and it will add ammunition to those who will want to spout stuff like "See? If Hayley can turn their lives around, why can't everybody else get jobs?"

Spot on really.

Basically, for the TV show Hayley Taylor managed to go to a job centre (or another source of jobs, only available to her), and arrange an interview for the pair of them. In what world is that rocket science? Anyone could do that, and get paid the amount she probably does.

You had me, right up until the fatcist comments.

I didn't watch, feeling that the title 'Larey Gob Mother' would have been more appropriate, but it's not her size I have an issue with, that would be very superficial of me. There are far more worrying things about Emma Harrison's face of A4E.

Last nights victims were a young couple - she about 18 20 but gone to seed since the birth of the ubiquitous bay-bee WHATS THAT GOT TO DO WITH ANYTHING?. He a retard complete with trackie, pair of pitbulls STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIERS ACTUALLY and irretrievably-vacant expression. And what do you know? By the end of the programme, she had work experience at Boots (big deal) THOUGHT IT WAS A PT JOB?, and he got a job in a kitchen fitting company (not that his 'interview' would have been in any way influenced by the presence of a film crew, lighting, sound etc. :roll:)

See what wrote above. And everything else, I agree with, slightly.

You had me, right up until the fatcist comments.

I didn't watch, feeling that the title 'Larey Gob Mother' would have been more appropriate, but it's not her size I have an issue with, that would be very superficial of me. There are far more worrying things about Emma Harrison's face of A4E.

Hayley no longer works for A4E.

This is a classic example of a show that began life with a bunch of TV execs sitting around a table dreaming up ludicrous names for a new programme, and then working backwards from the title. Like a lot of reality TV, it's contrived, vacuous but, of course, cheap to shoot.

Hayley no longer works for A4E.

That's how she became a Z-lister, though, isn't it?

That's how she became a Z-lister, though, isn't it?

Bizzare post, not sure what this has to do with anything, at all.

Your original post inferred that Emma was pushing Hayley forward as the 'face of A4E', obviously completely wrong particularly as A4E were not mentioned in the programme.