John Carpenter's The Thing - For the love of God No!

I love that version of the thing! In fact i loved the original one.

It appears that John Carpenter has optioned all his property for remakes. We have already had The Fog (which was worse than the original - if that was possible), and The Thing and Halloween are in the pipeline. Rumours circulated about a rehash of Escape from New York too.

They first toyed with remaking TheThing as a 2 part (4 hour) mini series, but it seems are now set for the big screen. To be honest, the pedigree behind the proposed remake, and the words "companion piece" in the article actually make me kind of hopeful that a good 'semi-sequel' may be the order of the day. So long as they avoid washing it all over with CGI gloss, and try to keep the majority of the effects 'real', then it could turn out right.

Fingers crossed eh?

They're remaking everything, and then they'll remake the remakes.

Well...this will be a remake of a remake already....and some films have already gone past the 5 remakes marker (The Four Feathers being a prime example)

To be fair, recently some remakes have been quite good, I thought Dawn of the Dead was mint, as were The Ring and House on Haunted Hill. However, some have been pants, like texas chainsaw massacre. Could go either way I guess! Anyone else got any remakes they love/loath?

As long as they dont change the music i'll watch it, John Carpenters music for his films is so unnerving its unbelievable.

I'll tell you something though it will never do as well, you cannot remake john carpenters films, The Fog remake was a disaster and they got everything wrong.

They wont be able to replace Kurt Russell because he was brilliant, basically i reckon its going to be a big pile of poo.

From Fallen

Yeah why bother? The 'original' (as in Carpenter's version) is perfect - another sign that Hollywood is disappearing even further up it's own rectum.

I doubt this remake will be anywhere near as gory as the last one, this one will probably be a 12 rating (to maximise audiences) and so totaly crap.

I though The Fog remake was pretty good.

It was totally off the plot, it had nothing like the original fog in it it was boring and stupid and the only good thing was that the guy in it was hot...thats it.

From Fallen

It was totally off the plot, it had nothing like the original fog in it it was boring and stupid and the only good thing was that the guy in it was hot...thats it.

From Fallen

Have you seen the remake of The Amyityville Horror, Ryan Reynolds, now that is a hot bod.

(can't remember what the film was like)

america has finally run out of european films to remake, la cage aux folles to name just one so now its remaking its own films usually badly. Psycho was better in black and white IMO and the all time worst remake of any film, Barbwire, they couldn't have done worse if they'd burnt the original copy of Casablanca on Bogart's grave then urinated on it