4 Mimes/The Discoes from Sheffield clubland

can anybody remember them?

i can remeber seeing them in the bellhouse working mens club, it was always packed as i think at the time they were one of the best club acts around,

anybody no what happened to them?

The one with ginger hair who did Bridget the Midget sadly died a few years ago, the other along with someone else two run the Cee Bee club act booking agency.You certaintley had to arrive early to get a seat in the club when they was on.

Rex Bacon the big silly one did Bridget the Midget and he's still alive and kicking, not too well these days though so I'm told, three good lads, I saw them many times in the late sixties and early seventies, I never saw them when they were the four mimes, always had to be early in a venue when they were on.

I remember see them at Southey Green WC, must have been about '78.

As said before you had to get there early to get a seat, they were brilliant

Rex Bacon retired a while ago due to ill health and Bob also recently retired from running the cee bee agency.....Fab act!!!

Really funny act and all great company. In the late 60s I travelled in the back of their van to Carlinghow WMC near Wakefild. It was kitted out better than the fiesta at the time. On the night in question Rex was really ill but still went on and did a good 'turn'.

looks like they were around a good long time as it would have been the early 80's when i saw them

were the four mimes a truly great act think they became the discos because bob crawley left.i believe he came back when bill harrington passed away.i played football with roger,rex and bob,for grimesthorpe boys club.rex was always joking even on the field,rex should have been a top compare he was so good.i think they were due to go on opportunity knocks but hughie green would not let them do tha act the way they did it so they did not appear.

can anybody remember them?

i can remeber seeing them in the bellhouse working mens club, it was always packed as i think at the time they were one of the best club acts around,

anybody no what happened to them?

no but while were on the subject ,didnt the funny one have a spell as a proffesional footballer with rotherham united?he certainly could play football with that wig!

Funny that I should post this after Darnall lass..... I saw them many a time a both Greenland Road Club and the other club at Darnall that was on the road that lead to the bottom entrance of high hazels, my Grandad was a regualr in both:D thats when he wasn't in the Halfway House :D

yeah thats right devlin it was called the darnall green, its still up today that club but unsure if its open

As said before you had to get there early to get a seat, they were brilliant
I think there's an element of rose tinted spex going on here. I remember being taken to see them at some WMC or other in the 70s and being told how brilliant and what a class act they were. I have to say, they were pretty naff, even for the time. They just mimed to records. wore silly wigs and ran around a lot on stage, didn't they?