The Damned United

Is on BBC 2 right now, (started 9pm) very good film peeps !!!!

great film corks ...watched that other night .one night in turin was class

I liked it so much I bought the DVD, Jim Broadbent is brilliant as Sam Longson.

good book as well

I have often reminded Leeds supporters that if they and the directors had got behind Brian Clough, they would have won two European Champions cups. He already had one of the Forest squad at Leeds, the rest would surely have followed.

I did read somewhere that a lot of the Leeds players were coming up to their testimonial years, and were scared of Clough getting rid of them before they had clocked up their respective 10 years continual service.

I enjoyed the following programme, it was nice to see Brian Clough and Peter Taylor in their pomp. I never tired of listening to Bobby Robson, I did know that he had a lot of time for BC, but never realised that he was willing to hand over his England manager's job to him.

good book as well

The book is far superior to the film, but you have to remember that it's a work of fiction; it hasn't come from Clough's diaries.

I recorded the film & show after that. Not being a big football fan I wasn't sure if I'd like it. Well, I thought it was great!! :)