BBQ/GIG 15th July 2017

On the 15th of July I organise a French theme day as the 14th July is Bastille Day, French National Day.

Place: The Mount Pleasant Inn on Derbyshire Lane S8 8SG

During the day we will have a “ Boules” or “Petanque” competition, it is a team competition, it can be played with 2 players per team.

Fancy Dress competition for children, face painting and loads of French themed fun activities for the children.

We will be selling Crepes, ice-creams and macaroons during the day and we will have special offer on Pernod all day, typical French drink 

In the evening, we will 5 acts coming to perform live for us on the day so we had to adjust the timing, the live music will now start from 5, the line up is:

Logue inc - Unique Acoustic Folk Rock ...

Kase & Sophie – Acoustic pop rock covers

JK Vibes - Acoustic Funk Rock

The Crowd Pleasers – Classic Rock /Metal Covers

The Hurt Attack – Alternative/heavy Punk Rock

followed by an open mic for anyone wanting to show us their talents!!

so make sure you are there from 5 to get the best out of the event

From 6pm we will have a French BBQ:

Raclette cheese

Baked Camembert

Both served with French baguettes 

And the usual suspects:

Organic burgers

Free range sausages

Marinated Beef steaks

BBQ pork

Marinated chicken

Hot dogs served with fried onions of course

Loads of Sea foods

Loads of veggie options: halloumi, loads grilled veg, veg. burgers and sausages, Salade nicoise,

A cheese board with bread breads.

Also, of course, a French event would not be the same with the SNAILS and FROGS LEGS !! I will be cooking them for anyone willing to try and enjoy them

The BBQ tickets are at a cost of £10 per adult and £2.50 per child and it is a eat as much as you want, you must purchase your tickets from me before the event.

Don’t worry about the Weather forecast, in the worst case scenario, we will have a big marquee and gazibos to make sure everybody is covered while enjoying the evening!!

So far we got about 60 people coming, including about 25 from work here

Any questions, any suggestions and tickets requests, please let me know

If I have forgotten to include anyone in this email, sorry but please feel free to forward it and invite anyone you want, family, friends, the more the merrier I say

Can you please make sure you purchase your tickets for the event beforehand as it seems like there is a lot of interest from a lot of people which is very good but unfortunately because of health and safety reasons if the weather is not good we can only accommodate 80 people max. in the pub, if the weather is good then we can get more people as most people will be outside.

I am sure the weather will be good but this is Yorkshire...

Hope you understand.

3 ways of payment:

- PayPal using my email address: deses@hotmail.co.uk , please put your name so I can identify you.

- purchase your tickets from the pub direct

- bank transfer, please contact via private message and I will forward you my details.

I will keep a list of attendees and keep you updated on how many people have paid so far