Petshop boys disapointment

They're not really my cup of tea but you can't deny they've had plenty of hits.

---------- Post added 26-03-2017 at 16:10 ----------

Perfectly good set list that.

I am being a little facetious, but I had no idea of their repertoire, 80's & 90's wasn't really my scene and I only recall one hit by them over here i.e. West End Girls. I have made this mistake before when joking with guys over here. I burst out laughing when I saw an album entitled Steppenwolf's 16 greatest hits. The sales guy asked me what I was laughing at. I said "those guys are only known for Born To Be Wild" . Then he showed me a catalogue of their songs, and I walked away sheepishly.:blush:

Edited by TORONTONY

Here is a recent Pet Shop Boys setlist.

It looks like a good mix of old and new material to me. Maybe the OP is just having a whinge. I certainly can't see anything to complain about.

it might look like a good mix of old and new, but it was all done in there new niche music style, couldn't tell one song from the other, expected to here the new stuff but expected to here there old stuff as well, the stuff they are famous for, the stuff they rely on to sell there tickets

it might look like a good mix of old and new, but it was all done in there new niche music style, couldn't tell one song from the other, expected to here the new stuff but expected to here there old stuff as well, the stuff they are famous for, the stuff they rely on to sell there tickets

They obviously don't have to rely on it to sell tickets as you bought one, they are not doing anything different to any current recording act, would you expect say the Arctic Monkeys to bring out a new album them go on tour and play all their old stuff - wont happen.

They obviously don't have to rely on it to sell tickets as you bought one, they are not doing anything different to any current recording act, would you expect say the Arctic Monkeys to bring out a new album them go on tour and play all their old stuff - wont happen.

have you read what is says

I have seen a lot of bands and they all have played old and new as I expected, but these played a full evening of there new niche music, as I said they were good at what they did,

the advertisement I saw had a picture of the band and a list of all there old songs

silly me for thinking they would play them

Ive just watched a few videos on YouTube from their latest tour.

I was never a fan but the old stuff they did sounded great, just brought slightly up to date maybe?

Theyve actually had tons of albums out, and while I agree that a lot of people just associate them with their 80s stuff there'll be a lot of genuine fans that have always followed them and will want to hear songs from then, now and in between.

They also have always done a lot of different re mixes of their popular songs I actually quite like them.