2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Hi, I'm after someone who can recommend someone to replace a connection to my gas cooker, in short the old steel pipe failed, national grid made it all safe but I need the pipe work replacing. The meter is in the cellar so it might require drilling a new connection into the kitchen

Cheers

I have knocked all the plaster off my living room walls back to the brick.

Can anyone give me a rough idea of what it might cost to replaster

I have knocked all the plaster off my living room walls back to the brick.

Can anyone give me a rough idea of what it might cost to replaster

depends what you are going for. I have had my whole house done, dry lined, skimmed, coving and then new skirting boards at different stages. I have paid anything from between £400-1000. Only thing you can do is get a couple of quotes, every room is different

All we have used have been excellent and the only reason we used different ones was due to them being too busy to fit into our time scale.

These did a very good job: http://www.renov8sheffield.co.uk/

Edited by Evei

Here's another recommendation for Jeff Smith of Joinery Solutions - he has planned, organised and worked on my house, from double glazed hardwood window installation, building of a en-suite and wardrobes, door fitting to name some of the jobs, all to a very high quality, he's a great guy - honest and very conscientious - Mark

I highly recommend Matt and his team at MJB Electrical. Upgraded consumer unit and wired a newly fitted Kitchen at my mums house in Greenhill. Price was spot on, got on with the job in hand and were clean and tidy. Top bloke and would use his company again.

Anyone know a decent tiler, need some work done in kitchen asap. Just to do around the sink and some cupboard area. Thanks

I'd like to recommend Jeff The Joiner. He has just fit 8 internal doors for us, reduced the width of the living room door frame, built a new stud wall where the frame was reduced and fit all new architrave. He turned up on time each day, worked hard, left the house spotless and has done a great job. If you are looking for any joinery work doing then you won't go wrong by calling Jeff. We will certainly use him again for any other joinery work we need doing.

Thanks for a great job Jeff!

Sarah, Marc and mini Marc!

Feedback for Jonathon of JF Plumbing - got details from this site and used for a leaking water cylinder. Was prompt, reasonable, explained things clearly. He fixed ongoing problem which others had failed to and also gave me some advice for maintenance issues connected to the cylinder which didn't benefit him (i.e. he advised me it would be best going to manufacturers as likely covered by guarantee). Recommended. Robin

Can anyone recommend a joiner who can sort our swollen front door out?

Have you tried feeding it less?

Couldn't resist, sorry...

will be draughty and poss let water in during summer, if it gets shaved around the edges

I would highly recommend paul for any electrical work arrived on time worked hard did a great job and cleaned and hoovered when finished