Signed Up With Plus Net Broadband Activation Issue

Hi Guys

Need some help and advice , i signed up with Plusnet on 13th November everything went fine after few days received an email saying that

'' Dear xxxx

The order for your service to be activated is due to complete on 2015-11-27 and your telephone number should be 0114xxxx.

We now have all the details needed in order to place a simultaneous broadband order, this means that we should be able to get your broadband service working within 48 hours of your phone line being activated.

These types of orders can fail on occasion, or be cancelled by the current provider. If this is the case your service will remain with the current provider and we will need to replace the orders. This will then take a further 10 working days to complete. ''

Today my phone line got disconnected for 1 and half hour but start working again so i know that Plusnet took over, after that i waited for my broadband to go live but no adsl light on my router.

Although it says in email that broadband will go live after 24 to 48 hours of activation of the phone line but when i rang Plusnet to find out whats going on they told me a different story.

The guy from the Plusnet told me that BT openreach messed up my order as they were trying to put me on 21cn and 21cn not available till March 2016.

He said he will cancel this order and create a new order for 20cn broadband and due to this there will be no broadband till next Friday.

I am really disappointed my kids play online games and other stuff i need broadband asap.

Can anybody tell if i can cancel with Plusnet and move to another provider ordering new line ?

At the moment talk talk giving free new line to new customers and good offers as well.

I want to order new line because it will be quicker instead of moving from current provider to new provider.

Thanks

Edited by FM100

there is a cooling off period, so you could cancel http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/terms.shtml

Thing is, if you moved you still might not have internet until later than next friday!

Call or email (although some say twitter) you grievance to plusnet and push them and go for some compo, none of this is your fault.

PS the kids will survive :-)

I thought cooling off period starts when u first signed up i will look into this.

The thing is i really want to move from Plus net due to their horrible negligence and want to signed up with talk talk for new line this way my new order will not messed up with Plusnet cancellation process as this happened to me before 7 years ago when i signed up with Sky then cancelled due to same kind of problem and moved to talktalk and talk talk could not provide the service due to clash with Sky's cancellation process and had to wait more than six weeks

Can anybody tell if i can cancel with Plusnet and move to another provider ordering new line?

Hi, since your order was cancelled and re-requested you should still be within the cooling off period and be able to cancel.

Please bear in mind that any work on your line (even if it's a new number with a different provider) is usually carried out by BT Openreach and is subject to their delays. Mistakes are bound to happen but if your broadband provider made the mistake then BT will make them wait in line to fix any issues.

Also, although you won't see any work taking place, BT have to move your line in the local exchange to whichever broadband providers circuits are available.

FM100, I know its a bit late but I would recommend anyone who is thinking of going with Plusnet to have a look at the Plusnet forum before they decide. Fred G.

Equally, you could ask on here as to people's experiences with Plusnet and you'll get a glowing reference. The Plusnet forum isn't a representation of overall customer satisfaction, as it's a place for people to raise issues, not for people to say 'everything is fine'.

Equally, you could ask on here as to people's experiences with Plusnet and you'll get a glowing reference. The Plusnet forum isn't a representation of overall customer satisfaction, as it's a place for people to raise issues, not for people to say 'everything is fine'.

Not from me you wont, as I've had nothing but trouble with them.

Activation was 2 weeks late and they tried to charge from the sign up date. Then the speed kept dropping from the original 3.8 to under 2 and I had long phone call waits to report the problem. My son who is also with them had his speed reduce to 1.5 also from 3.6 and despite many calls it was never rectified.

Then telling me when switching that I had signed to an 18 month contract and had to pay a cancellation fee when I only signed up for 1 year. Luckily I keep a copy of all correspondence and calls.

We both have now switched.

I agree that the forum for plusnet is for raising issues, about how people have been let down with Plusnet. Plusnet is ok while everything is working but as soon as things start to go wrong thats when you find out what kind of company they really are. Fred.G.

I think, from experience of helping family members using various ISPs, that this can be said of all the mainstream suppliers,

tbh, you will get issues with any isp and moving can make matters worse or better, since moving back to BT in 2012 I've decided that I won't be changing provider for some time yet.

Update:

I was reading all the comments but was on standby and was waiting for Plusnet call as they assured me on Friday that they making every effort to solve this problem and due to weekend as BT engineers do not work on weekends and everything will be cleared on Monday and they will call me on Monday asap.

On Monday to my surprise no call no news from Plusnet so i finally rang cancellation department and discussed the matter i was expecting that cancellation team will make some effort and find out whats going on but instead of finding out, they happily cancelled my order and gave me refund of £16.99.

I made sure and asked the guy that if there is any cancellation charges and been told that no cancellation charge i asked the guy's name and reference also asked him to send me confirmation email as well.

Finally signed up with TalkTalk ordered new line and got activation date 9th December so fingers crossed.

Edited by FM100

Update:

I was reading all the comments but was on standby and was waiting for Plusnet call as they assured me on Friday that they making every effort to solve this problem and due to weekend as BT engineers do not work on weekends and everything will be cleared on Monday and they will call me on Monday asap.

On Monday to my surprise no call no news from Plusnet so i finally rang cancellation department and discussed the matter i was expecting that cancellation team will make some effort and find out whats going on but instead of finding out, they happily cancelled my order and gave me refund of £16.99.

I made sure and asked the guy that if there is any cancellation charges and been told that no cancellation charge i asked the guy's name and reference also asked him to send me confirmation email as well.

Finally signed up with TalkTalk ordered new line and got activation date 9th December so fingers crossed.

I hope you were in time to get their black Friday deal of half price line rental for the year.