Graphic novels?

Does anyone create their own graphic novels on here?

Nope but I'd love to. I can write but I make up for that with ZERO (and I can't capitalise that enough) drawing talent. I have several ideas (most quite Ennis-esque) for graphic novels, but wouldn't really know how to get them off my brain-paper and into the real world.

Oh and in response to the eye-rolling so prevalent that I can just about hear it, Graphic novels are gaining respect yearly. Several have won notable literary awards, including a Pulitzer for Mauz in 1992. This year’s Pulitzer board has also publicly said that they would not rule out a graphic novel for the prize.

I am terrible at drawing. & I haven't wrote in years (trying to get back into it) - but I would love to get to know people who do & share the same interests.

Yeah, I have produced several.

And most are set in Sheffield like, Meadowhell: The True Horror of Shopping, Attercliffe Prowler: From the Tunnels of Hell, Football Crazy: The Theatre of Nightmares (in blue or red and white), Sheffield Outlaws: Robin Hood, and Eyam: The Plague Village UFO Mystery.

My next comic/graphic novel will be out at the end of March

You could visit my blog to take a look at http://cdgraphicnovels.blogspot.co.uk

---------- Post added 06-02-2013 at 16:44 ----------

Dave: Thank you for the supportive comment about Graphic Novels... I know the competition is over, but I've added a short story the Nottingham Goose Fair, that I hope shows that Graphic Novel writers are not all BIFF! BASH! KABOOM!!

Edited by CraigDaley

CraigDaley - Are these ever printed and sold locally? or just digital...?

Yeah... You can get them on CDrom packaged in slimline DVD cases with wrap around covers from the Space Centre on the Wicker... Blackwells on Carver Street, in Broomhill from the Record Collector or Galaxy 4, at Rare and Racey on Devonshire Green and the Star Building in the city centre stocks the five Sheffield titles.

Cheers man - Definitely going to check them out...

I had a similar question, I have several stories that would be great for graphic novels but also have an inability to draw.

If there is anybody out there up for a collaboration that would be great :D

I also echo the sentiments about graphic novels, Watchmen & V for Vendetta being 2 of my favourites.

I'm a student, and we have created our own 10 page graphic novel, anything we wanted, own characters and set/theme/story line.

Easy to do ish..

Yeah, one of my nephews did a project like that at college and he's heading off to Uni next year, so good luck, hope it goes well for you.

My latest comic is linked to the centenary of the creation of stainless steel in Sheffield by Harry Brearley. It's already available to download and will be in all the usual local shops next week, but I'm also trying to get some of the Sheffield musuems and galleries interested...

It's actually called 'Stainless Steel', but combines the historical facts with comic book steampunk style fiction.

If you fancy a look, you can check out some early rough sample pages on my blog, http://cdgraphicnovels.blogspot.co.uk

They're looking great CD, very impressive!

Kieron, do you know what software you used, i've had a look at a few different ones but nothing that seems to assist with my terrible drawing ability.

We didnt use software, we just had to plan and draw it out perfect and the tutors do the rest. I think photoshop was named into what software is used or abdobe illistration but not 100% sure