Your memories of Josephine's Nightclub.

What are people's memories of this once popular club which at one time was considered the poshest in Sheffield?

I am particulary interested in memories of the early 1990's period.

i remember, i used to stand by the doorway, on my own, in my best lavender green cardigan, selling sketches i'd done, of myself.

I can remember there was a bloody big bouncer giant of a man but very quiet and polite until someone upset him . :)

Boring - full of people who worked in offices and thought that "personnel", "accounts" and "sales" were cutting edge.

I always thought Josephines was supposed to be a cut above otheer clubs but personally I always prefered Roxy's.

Edited by slimsid2000

Wayne Chadwick used to own it did'nt he? I used to work in the Fountain Bar when it was down a flight of stairs and he owned that as well. He was a bit of a prat if I recall. Did not know his son though.

I believe Dave Allan owned Joshephines - maybe still does? Skippy was the smaller doorman who was also the wrestler. We called the bigger bouncer Garth! My recollections are in the 70's however.

Wayne Chadwick used to own it did'nt he? I used to work in the Fountain Bar when it was down a flight of stairs and he owned that as well. He was a bit of a prat if I recall. Did not know his son though.

No not really.

Edited by slimsid2000

I remember a certain forerummers mentioning no names hen night there .Boy were we all drunk yes

my mum was a bunny girl there when i was younger, must have been 20yrs+ ago. she used to bring me packets of crackers home with a pickled onion?

I can remember there was a bloody big bouncer giant of a man but very quiet and polite until someone upset him . :)
that was big jim moran,used to be a wrestler worked on the door well into his sixties a perfect gentleman pity some of the other bouncers wernt the same.

My god ! Flash backs - me & my friends used to go there around 10 years ago - every single Thursday night !