80s Sheffield pubs/clubs

Anyone remember the name of the bar above the Mulberry Tavern??? You could to it from the street behind or up the stairs in the Mulberry entrance...

Worked in Romeos back in the old days behind the bar for 5 years. Can anyone remember aiden and pat the doorman or even better scarey Mark who used to sit on the reception desk at the bottom of the stairs? By the way it was haunted trust me I've been in there when it was closed and things have been thrown through the air.

yes i remember hayden,pat&mark laidlaw who was the reception manager

Berlins - Used to go here Sunday evenings at one point. Lord knows why...,

Cos they had a lock in at closing time, perchance? :hihi:

Anyone remember the name of the bar above the Mulberry Tavern??? You could to it from the street behind or up the stairs in the Mulberry entrance...

That bae was part of the Mulberry. Not a seperate bar.

Would that be scotch ian

Used to visit the Brown Bear and the Roebuck great pubs

anyone remember the Limit on west street? they filmed part of an episode of Morse one night on the opposite side of the road. Got chatting to a fellow Geordie Kevin Wheatley (me was p****d obviously). And how about the Halamshire further up - now there was a place!! Returned to Sheffield for a stag do a few years ago and none of these pubs are left. I reckon a listed building status should include the interior when it comes to pubs....just in some cases. Can't beat nostalgia.

Rendzvous , I ran them both between Oct 88 & Oct 90

---------- Post added 20-02-2018 at 01:07 ----------

That bae was part of the Mulberry. Not a seperate bar.
It was called Rendezvous

---------- Post added 20-02-2018 at 01:08 ----------

I used to spend a lot of time in Raffles nightclub on Charles St
I was the assistant manager at Raffles in 83/84 ,good days

---------- Post added 20-02-2018 at 01:12 ----------

Used to go to Craisy Daisy on last day of term at Granville Catering College, also Limit Club, and all pubs on West St (the centre of Sheffield music scene.)
Had my driving test on the last day of term at Granville in 1981 , failed it cause I was desperate to get to the Daisy

I used to go to the Limit but my music taste was, and still is more geared to the Penthouse (I think it was called that) The rock music place above the shops near the old castle market.

Many a good night in there followed by a long stumble home!

Rendzvous , I ran them both between Oct 88 & Oct 90

---------- Post added 20-02-2018 at 01:07 ----------

It was called Rendezvous

---------- Post added 20-02-2018 at 01:08 ----------

I was the assistant manager at Raffles in 83/84 ,good days

---------- Post added 20-02-2018 at 01:12 ----------

Had my driving test on the last day of term at Granville in 1981 , failed it cause I was desperate to get to the Daisy

I`d had a couple of drinks when I posted this :roll: it was actually the last day of term in 1980